top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lest we forget what older movies taught us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lest we forget what older movies taught us.

Late last night as I was flipping the dial (wow, my age shows there! What dial anymore!), I happened to come across an old Gene Autry movie. And then all those westerns I had watched as a child came flooding back into my mind. There WAS a lesson to be learned from these. As plain as the nose on my face. The bad guy always had connections with the Banker or was the banker! The only two western shows in which the banker was not a "bad guy" was Bonaza and The Big Valley, both those families were loaded with money and pretty much controlled the bank.

A little food for thought.
    Filed Chapter 7: 09/17/2010 - 341: 11/1/2010

Originally posted by ChefScott View Post
    Late last night as I was flipping the dial (wow, my age shows there! What dial anymore!), I happened to come across an old Gene Autry movie. And then all those westerns I had watched as a child came flooding back into my mind. There WAS a lesson to be learned from these. As plain as the nose on my face. The bad guy always had connections with the Banker or was the banker! The only two western shows in which the banker was not a "bad guy" was Bonaza and The Big Valley, both those families were loaded with money and pretty much controlled the bank.

lol...chef your dating yourself noe!! personally i LOVED clint eastwood movies because we could CLEARLY distinguish the "bad" guys..... EVERYONE was BAD.....and then there was always john wayne....he just was good to the bone...LOL!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I have often thought the same thing. What amazes me is comparing culture from say the 50's to today. In "Father of the Bride", Spencer Tracey gets a call to go down to the local police station late at night. He hops out of bed and pulls on trousers and a jacket before he leaves. Today? Just go down to your local WalMart or take an airplane flight. People just don't care.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

If you want to learn life lessons, you should watch all the Twilight Zone's again. That is REAL tv and Serling always had wonderful life lessons in those shows. They all can be watched on YOUTUBE for free and at your leisure.

Comment

Please don't send me to the corn field!
          Filed Chapter 7: 09/17/2010 - 341: 11/1/2010

Comment

Originally posted by dealingsdone View Post
            If you want to learn life lessons, you should watch all the Twilight Zone's again. That is REAL tv and Serling always had wonderful life lessons in those shows. They all can be watched on YOUTUBE for free and at your leisure.
            oh...yeah...the one where that monster is on the airplane wing....I'M STILL SCARED!!! LOL!!!

that lesson...BE SCARED TO DEATH of flying?????
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              oh...yeah...the one where that monster is on the airplane wing....I'M STILL SCARED!!! LOL!!!

that lesson...BE SCARED TO DEATH of flying?????
              The lesson in that one may have been: Because someone acts crazy, there may be a reasonable reason.

Rod Serling was right on with life stories. The one that sticks with me is "What you need".
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                The lesson in that one may have been: Because someone acts crazy, there may be a reasonable reason.

Rod Serling was right on with life stories. The one that sticks with me is "What you need".
                maybe...what you need i most likely know the story but NOT the title...they all scared me.

the one where the girl was dreaming she was so hot that she couldn't stand it anymore...but she was actually dreaming because the earth was going further and further away from the sun and it was actually freezing...kinda like it was in florida last winter...LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  maybe...what you need i most likely know the story but NOT the title...they all scared me.

the one where the girl was dreaming she was so hot that she couldn't stand it anymore...but she was actually dreaming because the earth was going further and further away from the sun and it was actually freezing...kinda like it was in florida last winter...LOL!!!
                  You gave yourself away. I live in FL and it was the coldest I remember for as long as it was also. Then summer came......Man what heat. Climate change, BS, it was the 11th year sun spot and when a kid, I remember a month of solid rain. During the other Great Depression, we had a dust bowl in the midwest and west.

I hope this year our FL winter will be better. I love the fall though, and it feels good right now. I hate cold, that is why I live FL. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You gave yourself away. I live in FL and it was the coldest I remember for as long as it was also. Then summer came......Man what heat. Climate change, BS, it was the 11th year sun spot and when a kid, I remember a month of solid rain. During the other Great Depression, we had a dust bowl in the midwest and west.

I hope this year our FL winter will be better. I love the fall though, and it feels good right now. I hate cold, that is why I live FL. 'Hub
                    It was unusally cold last year! I actually had to put the heat on a few times....lol

October/November best Florida weather months!
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

LOl!! nope Hub...i let everyone know i'm in fl now.....

i'm a san fran person that lived in the east....and looked at florida as the lauching pad to Heaven....but we needed some place warm and more affordable and here we are!!

i must admit i'm having problems with the weather adjustment, but i do like it here and look forward to better days!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                        It was unusally cold last year! I actually had to put the heat on a few times....lol

October/November best Florida weather months!
                        yeah...very nice...but some how it felt so odd to put my scarecrows out into the canna and palm tree beds.....LOL!

this neighborhood is going to think me crazy when i'm done with outside...i can't WAIT to have xmas in the heat...LOL!!

Comment

the lesson is often a little different then what seems obvious! Personally I liked the twilight zone where all the neighbors thought they were about to be bombed and behaved like barbarians trying to break into the prepared man's bomb shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefScott View Post

Westerns are really cool, i always loved them. what landscape, style, attitude, gun slingers, every thing about it was so endearing. I think it had a robin hood kind of quality in them, rich bankers and not so rich lead actor.
                            URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X