X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Banks pissing on their clients?

I am finding more and more banks that are risking their clients
    business over merchant disputes, they seem to be siding with
    the merchant thus risking their business with their client...

(1) I stayed in a hotel for 8 weeks @ $300 each week. and I had
    to signed a ticket for each week we renewed our weekly stay., about
    one month later, the hotel charged our card an extra $150 which
    was not the normal weekly charge...we called the bank to dispute
    this, so this has been going on for about six months...the hotel
    can not provide a signature receipt for this $150 charge, and the
    bank is pretty much saying we are not getting it back...so why
    is the bank covering for this merchant that does not do any business
    with this bank that is 1000 miles away...I do not get it...

good luck TCFbank.com - I hope it was worth it....

(2) I have another bank that I filed a dispute with when I bought some
    bogus software online...software was basicly bugy, had errors, etc...
    and when I file the dispute, the bank looks at me crazy...its not my
    fault you are not educated enough to know what I am talking about....
    then I get a letter from the bank saying, we are sorry for any inconv,
    but according to the gov't, we do not have to honor these type of
    disputes! wth! Now they are saying my online purchases are not
    protected?

So long TDBank.com

I guess you can blame this one on the gov't. I guess your clients
    are just not good enough to protect, so you protect non-clients
    instead (merchants) I guess it is just as easy to blame the gov't,
    but no matter who you blame, but as soon as I find a bank
    that will handle my needs, then I am so out....

I just do not get it.

Banks are so willing to give up their clients for merchants they
    do not even do or have business with that are 1000's of miles apart.
    Last edited by dscurlock; 10-21-2010, 10:59 AM.

Also, why are the hotel and software company thinking so short-term and losing a customer forever when they could make it right and get some positive word-of-mouth and possible return business? Very short-sighted of them.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
      Also, why are the hotel and software company thinking so short-term and losing a customer forever when they could make it right and get some positive word-of-mouth and possible return business? Very short-sighted of them.
      I even told the bank once I find another bank that can and will meet my needs, then
      I am out..and I am not talking about just a few bucks either, their reply was
      something like "this is our policy, and that is the way it is..."

this was a canned response, which pissed me off even more...that means a human had
      to see this, then hit the reply button in order to send the canned response...

Ok, no problem...If you screw up banks do not appreicate my business, can not
      protect my transactions, then I will find a bank that will.

The attitude of big business is just that,, "WE DONT CARE"
      "we would rather run you to our competitors then to service our clients"

this is exactly how I see it.

I can understand the hotel and software compaines are just being greedy...they got
      my money, and they do not want to give it back, I can understand that...what I do not
      understand is this is not the banks money to begin with...I am raped by two different
      merchants using two different banks, and both of the banks do not seem to care, at least
      they do not care for their client (me) The bank would rather for the merchant to have
      the money, why? Because it will upset them if they do not win? They are not the
      banks client, I am...the banks should not worry about pissing off the merchant, tdbank,
      and tcfbank should be concerned about loosing their client (me) but they are not...
      They just do not seem to care...This just baffles me that both banks are siding
      with the merchants which have no proof of anything....
      Last edited by dscurlock; 10-21-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
        indeed...makes absolutely no logically sense whatsoever...but nowadays what does???

we are no longer faces to banks...and they now know we have no money...and they don't need our business any longer...i believe that is why we are all getting the back end of the hand.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I really think a lot of it is the economy. They let us 'old timers' go and are hiring kids who have no business sense. Because the kids are cheaper, they are just letting it go. I'm not certain, but that is my best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
            I really think a lot of it is the economy. They let us 'old timers' go and are hiring kids who have no business sense. Because the kids are cheaper, they are just letting it go. I'm not certain, but that is my best guess.
            so true...for everyone of "us"....they can hire 3 "kids"....it unfortunately from their stand point makes better "business" and money saving strategies...much to our dismay.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You have a point about the first one with the bank, there wasn't a signed receipt, you should not be out the money. That is fraudulent activity. When the merchant agreed to accept credit cards (even debit cards), the merchant agreed to process the transaction correctly. Part of that is getting a signature.

The second one, well, you did agree to the charge. If you aren't happy with the product, well, that's an issue with the merchant, not the bank.

Comment

I had a similar experience with a hotel where we reserved a room with a cc and then paid cash on arrival. Two weeks after checking out the hotel charged my cc with the entire bill. My cc was with my Credit Union, they credited my cc the same day I contested the charge (while the fraudulent charge was being investigated) and ended up ruling in my favor.
                2nd time I took $300.00 out of a foreign (not owned by my cu) atm and the money was never dispensed. I called the bank, they counted the ATM and found no discrepancy. That afternoon my cu called to tell me the money was back in my checking after they had contacted the bank.
                The only problem I have had is when using a debit card or ach's to my checking. The merchant is the only one that can redeposit money in your account.
                If these problems were mine, I'd change banks preferably to a local bank where you can get to know the staff. They will be more willing to help than a person on a phone in another country. I'd also try for a cc issued by my bank. I'd also avoid using a debit card for car rentals. (they can hold up to $400.00 of money in your checking) JMO.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X