Best Christmas Gift I've Ever Given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Christmas Gift I've Ever Given

Many of you know I am in the middle of changing jobs. For those that don't, I was stuck in what, to me, was a dead end job and being quite miserable. I was able to secure a much more promising job and start next month, on the same date as my last day for objections date.

In leaving with an open door, I am essentially interviewing and hiring my replacement. After over 117 resumes in 2 days, 20 screening calls, 7 interviews, and internal discussions, we finally made a decision.

I had the pleasure of calling someone currently unemployed and giving them the gift of a job for Christmas.

I can't describe how good I felt making this phone call yesterday late afternoon.

Just some good feelings to share with all my fellow bk'ers here.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Ahhh Joe. that is so cool. Got me cryin again.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

You're a good guy, Joe. If this doesn't get you off Santa's naughty list, nothing will.

(kidding)
      Last edited by debee; 11-18-2010, 11:11 AM.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Well yes its a great feeling to call some body and break such a great news and that too on such an auspicious occasion.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

What a great way to share the joy of a new start
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Great new start for the both of you!!
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Awesome Joe - bet you smiled for hours

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                Many of you know I am in the middle of changing jobs. For those that don't, I was stuck in what, to me, was a dead end job and being quite miserable. I was able to secure a much more promising job and start next month, on the same date as my last day for objections date.

In leaving with an open door, I am essentially interviewing and hiring my replacement. After over 117 resumes in 2 days, 20 screening calls, 7 interviews, and internal discussions, we finally made a decision.

I had the pleasure of calling someone currently unemployed and giving them the gift of a job for Christmas.

I can't describe how good I felt making this phone call yesterday late afternoon.

joe...you are the BEST!! and only you would be so touched about giving back such a life saving gift because you have been there. (although what you did does not surprise me in the least...it's you...after all..)

i really hope you and yours the very best of everything life can give, because you have given back to so many!!!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

What a BEAUTIFUL sentiment for the holidays!....how happy you must have made that person. You are A-OK in my book :-)

Comment

I have had the opportunity to do that as well, there is nothing quite like hearing the excitement of someone who is not employed get that chance to get back on their feet. beautiful indeed!
                    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                    The rebuilding begins

Comment

You're ALRIGHT, Joe. Can't wait to see your post about your discharge. All the best for the holidays.
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

That's beautiful! Must have been such a pleasure to give someone such a wonderful gift this holiday season. What goes around comes around and you're in store for some good stuff!
                        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

I am looking for Christmas gift. I found this thread after read about Best Christmas Gift I have Ever Given. I just being happy that for so generous you are. I really like this thought. It must be share with every one like you. I think you have given best Christmas gift to that person.
                          [url removed by Moderator.]

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post

What a great post, so glad I read it today, it made me smile and feel hopeful. Thanks, Joe.
                            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                            New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X