Still No Job Offers, Only SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still No Job Offers, Only SPAM

I am guessing many of you who are unemployed are experiencing similar problems. All I seem to get is spam job offers from phony companies that pay to get access to my job board accounts and spam me.

Man this is depresssing.

I just received a 'no thanks' letter for a county position. What truly upset me was that in their on-line ap, they asked for your birthdate and you could not complete the ap without putting it in. I was shocked they'd pull something like that. At least they sent a letter, the others haven't even responded.

But I'm going to keep plugging along and hope for the best.

Comment

sorry about the spam helpme....i know it's going to take a while to get a job.

discouraged....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! take some time OFF and take care of yourself....PLEASE!!

when i first was applying on line i must have rec'd 50 spams a day with fake jobs...it's even worse now...so i'm done with that...at least for a while.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

oh!! and i forgot to mention...my daughter finally got a job.........we were soooo relieved...it was a directorship and she took a substantial pay cut, but figured it better than nothing....well, apparently, not.

she's actually quitting next week even in this economy...why?....well, she should have a department of at least 15 staff....they hired her and fired all staff and want her to do the work of the 15 people....after she got hired she was told she needs to be on call for 24/7 receive no pay....she already had to go to 3 state meetings and when she got there the company never paid the state and she was out the money.......over 400 dollars and she's only been there just over 4 weeks....

we had a "family" meeting this morning and she's got to get out of there...her job is mandated by the state...so the company will have 30 days to replace her or THEY lose their license....and there are only a hand full of people that have her certifications...so they have screwed themselves.....they can't take any more clients once she resigns this week.

she got there...they had NO phones...she has no desk.....they gave her a laptop with NO office or email.........what a mess. so just be careful out there since companies think they have you by the neck...i can't believe she said this but she said she'd rather go without food...
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That sounds like a company I worked for and quit after 2 weeks. The no phone, less pay than quoted and general dubiousness of the company had me right out the door. Good for her for getting out of there. I hope she has enough evidence to get unemployment - because that type of company will probably appeal. Good luck to her.

As for my taking it easy tobee, I have to apply for 4 jobs a week to continue receiving unemployment and am doing that. But, no one wants a 57 year old woman so yes, I am taking it easy - except for doing the paperwork for this BK! Since I put it off for so long, now I have to copy the last few months bank statements, edtc and fill out this lawyers paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
            That sounds like a company I worked for and quit after 2 weeks. The no phone, less pay than quoted and general dubiousness of the company had me right out the door. Good for her for getting out of there. I hope she has enough evidence to get unemployment - because that type of company will probably appeal. Good luck to her.

As for my taking it easy tobee, I have to apply for 4 jobs a week to continue receiving unemployment and am doing that. But, no one wants a 57 year old woman so yes, I am taking it easy - except for doing the paperwork for this BK! Since I put it off for so long, now I have to copy the last few months bank statements, edtc and fill out this lawyers paperwork.
            well, she might have a problem with unemployment........why....because she moved to a new state with a promise of a new job...she had been at her job for over 10 years and only moved with a promise of a job...so she moves and then the place that hired her....did a hiring freeze.....so they are living off their savings and his small teacher's salary.

she finally finds this job about a month ago....promised this and that....a blackberry....and when they finally gave her her laptop...she couldn't even access documents since office was not even installed....unreal...and no blackberry so she couldn't communicate with other staff at all......so since she's only been there a month she may have a problem...although there is more to this....

she's called into a meeting where the coo is screaming at the top of her lungs telling all staff...(other than admin which my daughter is), are being lowed to min. wage as punishment for not working hard enough....what??????????? my daughter is like this is a "heath"agency....and so unprofessional....she's use to motivating her staff with positive reinforcement and has never experienced anything like this managment style. so she goes to the coo and says is that effective?????....also she has had no supervision....she's in charge of leadership and training and there are no files or policies....anywhere????

yesterday they inform my daughter that she's now under the medical direction who only is in 8 hours a week...and she's still looking for all the state audit info and cant locate anything in the building...it's like these people put out a shingle and went into business since the deregulation...or let me reword that....those that were able to get a license by the skin of their teeth...........and the states coming next week for another audit and of course she figures they will attempt to blame her on the non compliance and she can't even locate the polices...what a mess!!!

hopefully she can apply for unemployment for hostile workplace....(she was screamed at at least 5 times).... i mean she is on the TO as like 2 in charge and employees are screaming at her...she has NEVER....so hopefully she can now collection under nj....because of the circumstances...i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post

well she has documented and hard copied everything.....

we think she will not get unemployment...because although she has worked for 10 years at the same job she left it with a promise of a new job in a new state only to get there and the froze the hiring.

they lived off savings and his small teaching salary...until this job came along.....personally....i think she should stay until 5 months is up and she has no problem getting unemployment....even tho it's going to be hard.

Comment

Ouch - that is a tough one. I worked for a health institution (another job I kick myself for leaving) and the state audits are tough. The folks I worked for were up on it and I can only imagine what happens if you are not. Can she get something on a hostile work environment? I don't know much about that either but I know it has been done. She might want to look at an employment lawyer to see what her odds are or, as you said, stick it out. But that is hard when you have a bad job. I know - I stuck my last one out for over 4 years and was sooooo happy when I was laid off. I stayed because of my age and I too, left a good (but not good paying) job for the awful one that paid more. I wish I would have known about the hostile environment issue but I didn't at the time.

Comment

tobee, nice to see you back and I can't believe that story about your daughter. This is just amazing and unbelievable. And discouraged, I know the feeling. I won't work for a company that pays commission only and I only work for companies that pay a large enough base for me to pay the bills. When they pay base + commission, I know it's almost 100% that the commission is unrealistic or will never be paid. Only one company in my entire 20+ year history ever paid off on a commission structure. The rest never did.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X