These banks deserve every bit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These banks deserve every bit..

When i look at the NSF fees, and the ridiculous charges these banks charge.. I feel less guilty when i filed for bankruptcy and they deserve every bit of bankruptcy filed out there!!!

My advise for all those under financial stress, is don't hesitate to file for Bankruptcy, it relieves you of all the headache. I filed bankruptcy and in less than a year, I had two credit cards, and was able to buy a home in two years at a very competitive rate. So don't hear all the hearsay that bankruptcy damages your credit... It relieves you why not!!!

Originally posted by hanta View Post
    When i look at the NSF fees, and the ridiculous charges these banks charge..
    Don't forget the points they make every time someone swipes plastic....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

When i look at the NSF fees, and the ridiculous charges these banks charge.. I feel less guilty when i filed for bankruptcy and they deserve every bit of bankruptcy filed out there!!!

My advise for all those under financial stress, is don't hesitate to file for Bankruptcy, it relieves you of all the headache. I filed bankruptcy and in less than a year, I had two credit cards, and was able to buy a home in two years at a very competitive rate. So don't hear all the hearsay that bankruptcy damages your credit... It relieves you why not!!!
      I initially felt bad when I first contacted my credit card companies about needing help with temporary low payments. All my creditors refused and instead started tacking penalty fees each month. Then they called me day and night harassing me. I immediately went from feeling bad to feeling angry (they soon became my enemies).

I even explained that I wanted to pay them back and that them refusing to accept a lower payment amount until I could find a job would only make it that much harder for me to get a job and thus, pay them back at the regular amount. They didn't care.

They make out like bandits when they run out of money, yet we pay the ultimate price, so I say screw them. I will remember this the rest of my life and not do business with them.

Comment

Same here. I really tried to talk to them, thinking they would listen, all to no avail. Like you, helpme, I became angry and now I refuse to answer the phone. My case will be filed soon and I will then give them or write with the attorney's name & number.

What upsets me about myself is that when I first became unemployed, I took out my 401K to pay the bills. How stupid taht was! Live and learn I guess. They'll never see another penny from me.

Comment

But bankruptcy must have taken its toll on your credit score and you must have had a hard time in getting those credit cards and fresh mortgage?
          URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Originally posted by goodyphilips View Post
            But bankruptcy must have taken its toll on your credit score and you must have had a hard time in getting those credit cards and fresh mortgage?
            What bank do you work for?

Did you read what the person wrote?

Go back to the cube and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
              Same here. I really tried to talk to them, thinking they would listen, all to no avail. Like you, helpme, I became angry and now I refuse to answer the phone. My case will be filed soon and I will then give them or write with the attorney's name & number.

What upsets me about myself is that when I first became unemployed, I took out my 401K to pay the bills. How stupid taht was! Live and learn I guess. They'll never see another penny from me.

i didn't exactly the same thing...especially after having relationships with most of the banks well OVER 20 years and in some cases more! and NEVER late...calling them...sending them certified letters begging them to work with me....

all my letters ended up dead in the mail room and all my calls on deaf ears...

i still don't get it...i guess the banks have enough money as well all know they do today and are "HOLDING" it all....and simply do not need us anymore. all the greedy ones at the top with salaries in the millions yearly, could give a darn about what the "common" man is doing....

we see all over the world people in streets....why?? educated the young....bad wages...no jobs...no mortgage lending.......same as here...but we are the "civilized" ones i guess...or working 2 and 3 jobs to put bread on the table and no time to take to the streets to protest......

ahhhhh
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We did the same thing. Tried to talk to them when my husband lost his job. I talked to them until they made me cry saying such rotten things. If I would have known then what I know now I would have recorded the calls.

They also cut our balance and then charged us fees because the next months interest put us over the max balance- when we were current.

I know that it was my choice to go into debt with them, but I hate them. I will never give them my business again.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemybugs10 View Post
                  We did the same thing. Tried to talk to them when my husband lost his job. I talked to them until they made me cry saying such rotten things. If I would have known then what I know now I would have recorded the calls.

They also cut our balance and then charged us fees because the next months interest put us over the max balance- when we were current.

I know that it was my choice to go into debt with them, but I hate them. I will never give them my business again.
                  i sure hear you!...but really, like i was saying ...we didn't chose to go into debt...there was NOT ONE charge for a dinner, clothes, vacations...cars, home repairs...NOTHING other than medical bills and the other half was legal fees...lovely...isn't it!

looking back..shoot i should have had at least SOME fun..you think! LOL!!!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Ours either. To keep a job we had to move from one state to another. We ended up putting 30k on the cc's from the house. Because it sold for less. Stupid mistake, should have let it go....but we were already in the process of buying another. There was about a month that I just felt like we would never get out from under it that I bought a ton of scrapbook supplies, so I can't claim total necessity, lol.

Edit- I think it's pretty crappy of them. I don't care if the debt was for luxury vacations in exotic places, to cut a balance, raise min payment just because they can is greedy and they had to have known what would happen, so fault lays with them, IMO.

Had they not made those changes to us just before my husband lost his job, we could have kept paying through his job loss at the old payment amount but not the new one. So we would have never missed a payment. But our payments went from 700 a month total to 700 for each of our 3 cards. No way were we going to send them that much money.

edit again- One of our cards went to 29.9% because our new bank didn't have electronic bill pay so the pay date wasn't what I thought it was. So the payment was late.
                    Last edited by lovemybugs10; 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemybugs10 View Post
                      Ours either. To keep a job we had to move from one state to another. We ended up putting 30k on the cc's from the house. Because it sold for less. Stupid mistake, should have let it go....but we were already in the process of buying another. There was about a month that I just felt like we would never get out from under it that I bought a ton of scrapbook supplies, so I can't claim total necessity, lol.

Edit- I think it's pretty crappy of them. I don't care if the debt was for luxury vacations in exotic places, to cut a balance, raise min payment just because they can is greedy and they had to have known what would happen, so fault lays with them, IMO.

Had they not made those changes to us just before my husband lost his job, we could have kept paying through his job loss at the old payment amount but not the new one. So we would have never missed a payment. But our payments went from 700 a month total to 700 for each of our 3 cards. No way were we going to send them that much money.

edit again- One of our cards went to 29.9% because our new bank didn't have electronic bill pay so the pay date wasn't what I thought it was. So the payment was late.
                      yeah....i think that's the point ....that just messed with anyone and everyone!!!

Comment

So often I hear people say "you made the choice to sign the contract" (not directly to me, but in general) and I think they just don't understand. I think it's as misunderstood as the McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                          i didn't exactly the same thing...especially after having relationships with most of the banks well OVER 20 years and in some cases more! and NEVER late...calling them...sending them certified letters begging them to work with me....

all my letters ended up dead in the mail room and all my calls on deaf ears...

i still don't get it...i guess the banks have enough money as well all know they do today and are "HOLDING" it all....and simply do not need us anymore. all the greedy ones at the top with salaries in the millions yearly, could give a darn about what the "common" man is doing....

we see all over the world people in streets....why?? educated the young....bad wages...no jobs...no mortgage lending.......same as here...but we are the "civilized" ones i guess...or working 2 and 3 jobs to put bread on the table and no time to take to the streets to protest......

ahhhhh
                          These banks seem to think everyone is stupid, and use that to their advantage.

But, the game is changing. People are waking up, and if they keep up this crap, nobody will do business with them.

Its bad enough that they screw us with high interest rates, but the bailouts they got really put the nail in their coffin, and "we are not going to take it anymore".

Comment

I have NO sympathy for banks and at this point in my own financial train wreck can honestly say I have no guilt whatsoever in declaring a bankruptcy.

But the thing is, the banks really didn't pull a fast one on us. They're just doing what the contract terms allow them to do. We agreed to those terms. Nowhere did it say "we care about you and you can call us anytime to tell us your problems." They're parasites and we chose to snuggle up with them. And as a country, we continue to elect politicians who are more than happy to give banks every possible tax break and legal latitude under the sun. We all bear some responsibility. All we can do now is try to get smart and take actions to break the cycle. Maybe that starts with a personal BK but I think it needs to end with something a lot bigger.

Just my opinion. I'll put away the soapbox now.
                            OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Isn't it funny that all the financial experts or articles always say to call your bank or credit card company before you have problems paying. Yet over and over again, the banks/credit card companies don't care about helping you. Maybe in the next few years the so called financial experts will be the ones who went through a personal bankruptcy and will be able to provide real advice to real people not just the same old story line that the banks and credit card companies want you to hear.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X