No announcement yet.

Paving the Road to a Hungrier, Unhealthier, and Less-Educated Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cuts would be OK IF they imposed tariffs on all imports (except oil).

You would see the tax base increase and less people in need of these programs.

It seems they only care about deep cuts without coming up with any solutions.

I guess the solutions are up to us and WE must stop buying Chinese junk and do all we can to keep the money home.

It's getting pretty scary out there and the politicians aren't listening. Now it's up to us.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
      The cuts would be OK IF they imposed tariffs on all imports (except oil).

You would see the tax base increase and less people in need of these programs.

It seems they only care about deep cuts without coming up with any solutions.

I guess the solutions are up to us and WE must stop buying Chinese junk and do all we can to keep the money home.

It's getting pretty scary out there and the politicians aren't listening. Now it's up to us.
      you know banca...the more i read your post, the more i think you should run for office...LOL!!!

your points are always so well rec'ed.

i for one would LOVE to stop buying from china...providing there wasn't ONLY, made in china products on the shelf. it can't be just to stop buying them...like you said they must impose tariffs on all imports, and i agree, with the exception of oil, for now.

and if they continue to just stock us with chinese product...maybe our only resolve is to STOP buying period...boycott it all...do i hear a possible silent revolt coming this way! i wish so!

if even a few million stopped buying goods, and based on the way things are going, that soon may just be a simple reality, well then, maybe, just maybe, when sales of EVERYTHING have plunged, wall street might begin to hear us, who then can tell their friends to tell THEIR friends up in whitehouse that we are FED UP!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
        When liberals took over this nation's education and started teaching how to build a house from the roof down, all was lost for many generations. I'm absolutely horrified with what my own kids are taught, and spend a lot more time than I believe I should straightening out the system's flaws...
        Education may be an issue, but you don't get to blame it all on liberals, conservatives are just as much to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
          Education may be an issue, but you don't get to blame it all on liberals, conservatives are just as much to blame.
          i agree..i would just group them ALL together as just plain and simply lousy politicians who could care less about us!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You will note that I wasn't talking about Democrats vs. Republicans, but about liberals vs. conservatives...

The last somewhat conservative President that this country had (in my opinion) was Eisenhower. Reagan would not qualify on *many* levels, although he's the reigning deity of today's so-called conservatives.

There is little doubt in my mind that Vietnam war (which I'm not about to discuss since I believe it's beyond the scope of this thread) enabled liberals to become a ruling majority at this nation's universities, and from there catapulted them into a variety of positions that held the actual political power...

Once they decided that political correctness was more important than science, this country was about doomed. When they got enough power to implement this credo, you could stick a fork into American education, by and large. It was done.

Are conservatives (the true ones) to blame? Absolutely, for letting the liberals get away with the aforementioned scenario. No more than that - which is plenty per se.

Good luck to us all.
            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

You will note that I wasn't talking about Democrats vs. Republicans, but about liberals vs. conservatives...

The last somewhat conservative President that this country had (in my opinion) was Eisenhower. Reagan would not qualify on *many* levels, although he's the reigning deity of today's so-called conservatives.

There is little doubt in my mind that Vietnam war (which I'm not about to discuss since I believe it's beyond the scope of this thread) enabled liberals to become a ruling majority at this nation's universities, and from there catapulted them into a variety of positions that held the actual political power...

Once they decided that political correctness was more important than science, this country was about doomed. When they got enough power to implement this credo, you could stick a fork into American education, by and large. It was done.

Are conservatives (the true ones) to blame? Absolutely, for letting the liberals get away with the aforementioned scenario. No more than that - which is plenty per se.

Good luck to us all.
              Shark, that does sound like a no win situation to me. It is very lousy the way our government as a total body has failed us. Rather it be Democrats vs Republicans or Conservatives vs Liberals. Then have all but failed everyone last one of us and our children by their greed and what every immoral whim that put us into the position.

I have been a hard working man and would work three jobs to assure my children get the best of what life has to offer. But these people have taken away their futures, their dreams. It's going be difficult when I have to tell my daughter she cannot go to college or she cannot have that prom dress.

Comment

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You will note that I wasn't talking about Democrats vs. Republicans, but about liberals vs. conservatives...

So was I.........

As I stated before, conservatives, by their actions and not because they "let" liberals take over (we the people still get to decide who we vote for, you know), are just as much to blame.

Comment

So was I.........

As I stated before, conservatives, by their actions and not because they "let" liberals take over (we the people still get to decide who we vote for, you know), are just as much to blame.
                  yes we are. but, i for one don't even know who to vote for anymore! i don't know who to believe nor who can fix this mess! i' so confused!!

Comment

So was I.........

We do NOT get to vote on who teaches our children. That was my point.

Pseudo-conservatives backed down and we got all these lovely leftist campuses across the country producing more uneducated-but-left-leaning people...

If one is a liberal, with an education and knowledge to back their opinion, that's fine by me. The problem is that most of the kids *never* get to hear the other side - and I'm NOT talking about how the world was created in the first place - but scientific theories that "the other side" had produced in anything ranging from economics to linguistics...

Education in the countries of former Eastern Block was more forgiving towards their ideological opponents, for crying out loud...

Good luck to us all.
                    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Pseudo-conservatives backed down and we got all these lovely leftist campuses across the country producing more uneducated-but-left-leaning people...

If one is a liberal, with an education and knowledge to back their opinion, that's fine by me. The problem is that most of the kids *never* get to hear the other side - and I'm NOT talking about how the world was created in the first place - but scientific theories that "the other side" had produced in anything ranging from economics to linguistics...

Education in the countries of former Eastern Block was more forgiving towards their ideological opponents, for crying out loud...

Good luck to us all.
                      shark ....is that YOU??? LOL!! wow that's an incredible vent!!!

Comment

Pseudo-conservatives backed down and we got all these lovely leftist campuses across the country producing more uneducated-but-left-leaning people....
                        You are just blaming the liberals. When conservatives (psuedo AND what you would consider real) are EQUALLY to blame. And not because they allegedly let the liberals do whatever they wanted.

And, yes, we DO get to vote on education. The legislators that we vote for are the ones who fund education, who make the rules and requirements for education including requiring teachers to have a certain education level and to be certified. The board of education for each school district is VOTED for by the voters in the school district.

Granted, we only have the power of the vote when it comes to public education. Private schools are different matter.

Comment

You are just blaming the liberals. When conservatives (psuedo AND what you would consider real) are EQUALLY to blame. And not because they allegedly let the liberals do whatever they wanted.

And, yes, we DO get to vote on education. The legislators that we vote for are the ones who fund education, who make the rules and requirements for education including requiring teachers to have a certain education level and to be certified. The board of education for each school district is VOTED for by the voters in the school district.

Granted, we only have the power of the vote when it comes to public education. Private schools are different matter.
                          helpmeout...helpmeout here..(i just had to write that).

i know in nj our children got the best education possible...conservative, libs...whatever. they were prepared for college and were in fact one of the very few that were NOT on academic probation. nj spends much more on education their children then most states. (in calif my sister was paying over 20k a year at private schools for a similar education that were in our nj public schools).

and you are so correct, we DO in fact or are/were in nj able to vote for our school boards. i don't know if every state is like that. i have two in laws...my daughter in law AND my son in law both 1st grade teachers. our son in law tried in vein for over 5 years to get a teaching job in the system, but because he has a duel masters in special ed., no one would hire him because of the nj mandate that masters have to get paid more. now...my point is saying all this is because many states don't have those high of standards in their educational systems.

now nj has fallen prey to even their high standards. it's money...or is it. i think there were a few areas in nj where they are these HUGE budget increases, however, that did nothing to help the test scoring of the students, so throwing money at a problem doesn't necessarily fix it.

but what does......is getting these teachers that have been there for 30 years making 100k plus with a free pension (helpme...let's not forget it only pasts what 10 years ago that teachers in nj even had to contribute to their pensions at all and all the burden was ours to carry financially, while one of us in the nj state police had to contribute or NO pensions...there is some disparity there i think). anyway...this is problem is bigger than us, that's for certain. these teachers are stagnate and can care less for the children, all they want is their pay check.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            you know banca...the more i read your post, the more i think you should run for office...LOL!!!

your points are always so well rec'ed.

My first order of business would be waterboarding bankster executives. LOL
                            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
                              My first order of business would be waterboarding bankster executives. LOL
                              LOL!!! i'll second the motion and VOTE a BIG YES for that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                                these teachers are stagnate and can care less for the children, all they want is their pay check.
                                Making a blanket statement like that really isn't good. It just shows that one really doesn't know much about teachers and why they choose to teach. But I do know that NJ schools is one of the top ones in the US. So they must be doing something right. Of course, with the current ultra-conservative governor attacking education like he is, that will probably change. Don't have a problem with asking governmental workers to pay more for their benefits.

Even in states that appoint the board of education, the voters still have to vote for the person who does the appointing.

And the conservatives (psuedo or otherwise) and liberals still share the blame equally.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X