Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix

Dang, it use to be the best deal around, now they are raising their prices. Not a little but a lot. My account is going from about $12 to about $18. That's like a 50% jump right?

I just got an email from Netflix today stating that they are splitting their streaming video and DVD services. Apparently, the DVD end of the business has become cumbersome and unprofitable. I myself am going with the streaming video and dropping out of the DVD mailing service. I think that a lot of customers are going to do the same. Netflix would probably drop the DVD side of the business entirely if there weren't so many movies that are not available over the internet.

Comment

I received an email today from Netflix, too, about a change in services. Basically, I can do all streaming (only) or unlimited DVD's (only) for $10, or both for $20. Not a problem for me, since I really only use the streaming, but I'm sad to see them changing. Still, I imagine they are dealing with higher costs for everything just like everyone else!

Comment

Yes, they are dealing with higher costs alright, they have record profits. They destroyed their customer base with one -email. Look at their site on facebook, 20,000 negative comments and growing. Just from today.

Comment

They are also dealing with the content providers that are wanting more and more $$ all the time. I haven't subbed to NetFlix for a few years now, I always had a DVD sitting there for weeks at a time, I just don't have time for movies. Now I just record as many movies on my DVR when the free previews come on a few times a year LOL
          Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
          341 Hearing 1/12/12
          Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

I will be cancelling them after August. I do both stream movies and get DVDs. I usually only have the one dvd for about 2-3 days but lately I have noticed that every new movie has a long wait so what's the point of having it?
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

FreddY; Me too, 50% increase is to much.

Comment

We like getting some of the DVDs sent to our house because we have a DVD player with a filter so our kids can watch more movies with good plots but don't have to listen to the language. We live out in the boonies and it's just not convenient (or cheap) to run out and rent a movie. We can't filter the streaming movies. I hate that their raising their prices, but it's still the cheapest thing for us.

Comment

I haven't heard anything yet, I have the 3 DVD + unlimited streaming package. That package already increased in price at the beginning of the year, it went from $18.30 to $21.53 in January.

We like having it, but we have lags, as I am sure everyone does. we will watch a bunch of stuff for a few weeks, then the DVD's will sit there for a couple weeks, then we watch a bunch etc. If you ditch cable/satellite, then it is worth it. In general, I still think it is a better deal than on-demand (but the streaming quality of netflix is poor).

Comment

You know, I have Amazon Prime, which recently added the streaming option. Frankly, if Amazon would get its act together and make searching/finding movies easier, and add a system like Netflix (where info about a movie pops up if you scroll over it), I would drop Netflix in a heartbeat (just to save money)!

HHM, if you have not gotten notice yet, you will -- but your option may actually get cheaper, if you went with one DVD. They may keep your option and price, since it is technically more expensive than what they are shifting others to...

Comment

Ive been adding it up in my head. Netflix will cost me 15.99 a month for 3 at a time unlimited and add 7.99 a month to that for instant streaming (which rarely has anything I want to see). I could drop netflix and just do redbox because really we only have time to watch 1 movie a week anyways and I will actually have saved. Goodbye netflix.

Comment

I get the 3 out at a time (tried the one at a time and didn't like it as much). It is being increased by $4 a month. Still considerably cheaper than cable (which I don't get, all I get is the $13 basic channels), so I will stick with them.

Comment

We've had NF for 4 years and this will be our 4th price increase. We dont stream movies, so changed our plan to the 3 DVD's only. It actually dropped our bill from $20/change to $15/change - yay! Although when we started, the 3 DVD option was like $11.. so still an increase.

I think the only way you can rent movies any longer is NetFlix or RedBox; all of our local rental places have gone under over the past 4/5 years now.

Comment

I will be dropping NetFlix next month because of this price increase.

I preferred getting the DVDs in the mail because the picture quality and sound quality and overall viewing experience was better, but I can see that soon all the mailing of DVDs will be coming to an end anyways.

Back to mainly watching free broadcast t.v. for me. I don't have cable t.v.

When something I really want to see comes out, I will try to catch it at the movie theatre first and then if it something I really want to see over and over again (which is rare) I will buy it at Wal-Mart or through Amazon from now on.
                            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                              I will be dropping NetFlix next month because of this price increase.

I preferred getting the DVDs in the mail because the picture quality and sound quality and overall viewing experience was better, but I can see that soon all the mailing of DVDs will be coming to an end anyways.

Back to mainly watching free broadcast t.v. for me. I don't have cable t.v.

When something I really want to see comes out, I will try to catch it at the movie theatre first and then if it something I really want to see over and over again (which is rare) I will buy it at Wal-Mart or through Amazon from now on.
                              Red Box is a buck a movie.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X