Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExACTLY!!!!!

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
    Don't feel bad about asking for help. That is what our taxes go for - theoritically. You paid for that assistance with every tax taken out of your salary.

Comment

Thank you guys for listening to me. I am one of the most stubborn people when it comes to taking help, whether it is from the system set in place or my own family. I think on Monday I am going to call about the food stamp program. We had a talk last night about getting married. I don't want a wedding, just a couple of friends and family there. This will be my second marriage. I don't want to spend money we don't have, but it still is a special day. I know many women that really want big weddings, but all I can see is dollar signs when it comes to that.

I still will not let my parents help out. I just found out my father is going to have back surgery. There is no way I am going to take help from them. I would love to think they will be around a long time, but he is going on 70 and not in the best of health. He already is not able to retire because of the insurance. His medication alone each month without insurance would be 1400 dollars per month. He is a veteran, but somehow the VA is not taking any new applicants right now. Plus medicare and medicaid do not cover enough, without adding on tons of supplemental insurance plans. They did well saving for retirement, but this day and age it is not enough to last them.

I guess I just have to get over my stubbornness and do what it takes to make sure there is food on the table. I am tired of wondering at the end of the week if we will have enough food to eat. Thanks again everyone for listening to me. I really do appreciate it!
      Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
      341 meeting on 5/28/2010
      Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

All the best wishes to you...let us know how things turn out!!!!

Originally posted by Exployer1234 View Post
        Thank you guys for listening to me. I am one of the most stubborn people when it comes to taking help, whether it is from the system set in place or my own family. I think on Monday I am going to call about the food stamp program. We had a talk last night about getting married. I don't want a wedding, just a couple of friends and family there. This will be my second marriage. I don't want to spend money we don't have, but it still is a special day. I know many women that really want big weddings, but all I can see is dollar signs when it comes to that.

I still will not let my parents help out. I just found out my father is going to have back surgery. There is no way I am going to take help from them. I would love to think they will be around a long time, but he is going on 70 and not in the best of health. He already is not able to retire because of the insurance. His medication alone each month without insurance would be 1400 dollars per month. He is a veteran, but somehow the VA is not taking any new applicants right now. Plus medicare and medicaid do not cover enough, without adding on tons of supplemental insurance plans. They did well saving for retirement, but this day and age it is not enough to last them.

I guess I just have to get over my stubbornness and do what it takes to make sure there is food on the table. I am tired of wondering at the end of the week if we will have enough food to eat. Thanks again everyone for listening to me. I really do appreciate it!

Comment

I feel sad for your Dad. It is a harbinger of our future though I feel.

Thank you for thinking twice about what is offered in our Country. It truly is too bad that some who do not deserve it, have an easy slope to living off welfare and other "ENTITLEMENTS" (what's with that word?). You truly are in need of a band aid and that is what these programs are for. Consider your options and that marriage (after all, a boyfriend for 14 years?) could give you some sort of out. Not knowing all your personal circumstances and where you actually come from in history, I can only promise you one thing, it will get better. Time is a wonderful healer, and you can only do what you are able, the rest comes with time and Faith. GBWY. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

So after I get home from work today I get some great news Insert sarcasm here. I am told by my nice other half that he has not paid the rent in 3 and 1/2 months now. I know what many will say, but how can you not notice this. Well many years back we broke the bills into this equation:
            He pays the rent
            I pay everything else.

Now I am stunned. I said why did you not communicate this problem to me when it first came up. Why wait until we are so far behind? He then starts to tell me that since he had felt so bad that he had not worked in almost 2 and 1/2 months now.

There is no way I can make this money up. I am in tears tonight. We have 3 dogs. I called my mom tonight and asked if I could stay with her if we get kicked out. Of course she is highly allergic to dogs and I will have no choice but to rehome my animals, unless a miracle happens and I can find the money somewhere.

When it rains it pours as they say.

I do believe the most important aspect is communication in a relationship and for anyone that is reading this PLEASE SPEAK WITH YOUR OTHER HALVES ABOUT MONEY. When it is too late to solve the problem you should not let it get to that point. Working together is critical. I feel like I can not get ahead. I thought coming out of BK was going to allow me to get ahead of the game, but when the other half decides to take almost 3 months off from working without telling me it does put a damper on things.
            Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
            341 meeting on 5/28/2010
            Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Exployer1234 View Post
              So after I get home from work today I get some great news Insert sarcasm here. I am told by my nice other half that he has not paid the rent in 3 and 1/2 months now. I know what many will say, but how can you not notice this. Well many years back we broke the bills into this equation:
              He pays the rent
              I pay everything else.

Now I am stunned. I said why did you not communicate this problem to me when it first came up. Why wait until we are so far behind? He then starts to tell me that since he had felt so bad that he had not worked in almost 2 and 1/2 months now.

There is no way I can make this money up. I am in tears tonight. We have 3 dogs. I called my mom tonight and asked if I could stay with her if we get kicked out. Of course she is highly allergic to dogs and I will have no choice but to rehome my animals, unless a miracle happens and I can find the money somewhere.

When it rains it pours as they say.

I do believe the most important aspect is communication in a relationship and for anyone that is reading this PLEASE SPEAK WITH YOUR OTHER HALVES ABOUT MONEY. When it is too late to solve the problem you should not let it get to that point. Working together is critical. I feel like I can not get ahead. I thought coming out of BK was going to allow me to get ahead of the game, but when the other half decides to take almost 3 months off from working without telling me it does put a damper on things.
              i'm so sorry you are going through all this!! can you see about getting housing assistance since he has been out of work??? is there any county or town agency that may be able to help???

in as much as communication. with respect to all ....what's MINE is MINE and what's HIS his MINE...so that's my rule..

seriously, i guess we are somewhat "old school" on this issue and put it all in one pot and one pays the house, while the other one pays the electric, we share i guess. some months i do it all, come to think about it, most months actually. but it doesn't matter as long as it gets done.

i really understand your feelings, if you were just told about it in advance, you could have been pro active somehow to do something...it's so important during these stressful times to stay on the same page with each other. i know we have an excellent relationship, but this bk stuff certainly did shake even our strong foundation. i'm sure he didn't mean to be hurtful, which is even more difficult to deal with. ahhhhh...

i certainly hope and pray it all works out for you! i know it will!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X