Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase says they lost my mortgage files

Got this from Chase:

Your file for your mortgage could not be fully accounted for: We are offering you one year of credit monitoring free. ( no credit card required)

Anyone else got this? They go on to say they conducted a thorough search and could not locate my files.

Bascially they don't ask for any information that they don't already have.

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
    Got this from Chase:

Your file for your mortgage could not be fully accounted for: We are offering you one year of credit monitoring free. ( no credit card required)

Anyone else got this? They go on to say they conducted a thorough search and could not locate my files.

Bascially they don't ask for any information that they don't already have.
    HHMMMMM I've heard this before. Not with the twist of you get free credit monitoring. Are you sure this is not a rip off? Don't give info to anyone (that your not sure of). 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub: With Chase you never know: I don't trust them.

Comment

I have never heard of "we lost your Promissory Note and Mortgage, but here's some free credit monitoring". It doesn't even make sense. There is nothing in a Promissory Note or Mortgage (Deed of Trust) that isn't recorded on public record! This is very very strange.

I have also, never read where a lender lost the Promissory Note and then writes a letter to the customer telling them as much and potentially opening them up to litigation and a "quiet title" action!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Justbroke:

Letters says: Durning a recent reconciliation of our files we realized the credit file relating to your mortgage could not be fully accounted for and may have been lost or misplaced. Then they go on to say as a precaution, and in order to provide you with additional peace of mind, we want to offer you one year of ITAC sentinel Plus, free of charge. Again, we apologize for any concern, if you have any question call us at............

Of course, I owe them for two credit cards that I have not paid on in 6 months.

Comment

I am retired and my former employer has had two incidents of losing laptops containing retiree info. Each time it happens they give you a year of credit monitoring. I think Chase is saying in a round about way--we lost some documents (or maybe even a laptop with info on it) so we are going to give a year of credit monitoring. The key with my pension system was they gave you a code so when you signed up for the monitoring you did not have to give any credit card information so they could not automatically renew you at the end of the year. If you have the same setup it won't hurt to take the free year--but no FICO scores are included. Are they offering the 3 in 1 monitoring? That is what we got both times.

Comment

ByeBye: Yes, they have a code on the letter. Yes, all 3 reports.

Comment

Same thing happened to us when DH's employer "lost" a laptop. We got a year of monitoring with a code to input in lieu of payment. I think they do this to reduce their possible liability for not protecting your personal information.

(The VA "lost" a laptop or a list, too, but they offered ZIP! LOL)
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I could see if they lost a laptop or your credit information, but just your mortgage and promissory note documents? In any event, I have never read of this ITAC. When Sony lost my information, I was offered it through AllClear. I guess there are multiple companies. I didn't use the Sony thing. I'm too afraid to provide even more information to someone else! LOL
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                    Same thing happened to us when DH's employer "lost" a laptop. We got a year of monitoring with a code to input in lieu of payment. I think they do this to reduce their possible liability for not protecting your personal information.

(The VA "lost" a laptop or a list, too, but they offered ZIP! LOL)
                    Same here my DH was on the list of "misplaced" info from the VA. Nice!
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X