Medical Insurance Assistance in Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Insurance Assistance in Oregon

I want to share some info about med insurance assistance . The state has a program ... FHIAP.
    Family Health Insurance Assistance Plan.

I learned about it nearly 2 yrs ago, Went online and filled out a form and got myself on their waitlist. It's a state run program so is dictated by state funds.
    The waitlist for the application is about 2 yrs. May will be 2 yrs on waitlist for me.
    They (FHIAP) pays for a portion of your insurance premium. Income and family size determines what percentage they will assist with .
    They re-qualify you annually.

this is sad...after all this time on here I'm still not sure if i have how to link a site figured out. HELP-- VY

www.oregon.gov/OHA/OPHP/FHIAP/index.shtml[/URL]

This is from their site
    -----
    The Family Health Insurance Assistance Program, or FHIAP, helps thousands of Oregon families pay the monthly premium for high-quality, private health insurance plans.

FHIAP pays from 50 percent to 95 percent of the premium for Oregonians who are uninsured and meet income and other guidelines. Individuals and families use FHIAP subsidies to pay for insurance at work or to buy individual health plans if insurance is not available through an employer. With FHIAP, Oregonians often cover their entire families for just a few dollars a month instead of hundreds of dollars!
    -----
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

To post a link in your reply:

In the Quick Reply box, click on the icon of the earth with a link of chain on it:

That will open up an entry box that looks like this:

Type in the link address into the entry box:

Click OK and your Quick Reply text box should look like this:

Then type anything else you want in your post then click the Post Quick Reply button. Your link and whatever else you have typed will be in your post!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
      I

this is sad...after all this time on here I'm still not sure if i have how to link a site figured out. HELP-- VY

-----
      http://oregon.gov/OHA/OPHP/FHIAP

Thanks VY...thanks again. you went thru that with me once B4 and i couldn't remember

Comment

Lucky Oregonians.
        In NJ adults can get in if you have young kids and make literally next to nothing.
        They are, however, pretty good about putting the kids on, and it's pretty good insurance.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Oregon has OHP Oregon Health Plan. Diff from the FHIAP.
          I applied for the OHP last yr and it is in the same category as Medicaid and you have to be dirt poor and have no money.

hummm. i guess being dirt poor & no money is pretty much the same thing.

You can only have no more than 2k in liquid assets. I had a bit more than that in my IRA....which they considered liquid. YEAH RIGHT
          So I got the disqualification letter.
          Last edited by oregonpilot; 12-03-2011, 10:51 PM. Reason: I'm in edit mode tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            http://oregon.gov/OHA/OPHP/FHIAP

Thanks VY...thanks again. you went thru that with me once B4 and i couldn't remember
            I love you enough to do it again and again! <3
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Arizona used to have rather generous health insurance for the poor, but they gutted the program due to the budget problems.

There are other alternatives out there if you have no insurance.

Look for health clinics. These are usually at a government ran hospital. In my area it is at the Maricopa County Hospital. They provide basic health care for the uninsured with a sliding scale for fees based on a person's income. You have to show up early and wait for hours to be seen by a doctor, but it is very reasonable when compared to a regular's doctor's fees, especially if diagnostic tests, lab tests, or surgery is necessary.

Sometimes charities and religious organizations offer clinics as well, but I have found them to be almost worthless and rather rude and uncaring, especially for adults.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X