No announcement yet.

"Charge Offs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get phone calls from creditors for the guy that used to have my job. I simply told them "he does't work here any more". Ironically, his wife is a doctor with her own practice.

Okay, I keep reading about of some being "Judgement Proof?" I only have 2 outstanding debts that I never was able to pay up before it went rogue on me. Now it's like dealing with the ever determined "Jack Bauer" of "24". yes, that's partly why I use the username.

1) How much does it cost to file in Texas?
    2) Would a family of 5 making less that $50K be considered untouchable? If so, why and if not, why?
    3) How long would it be today in order to be able to refinance a home, or buy a new car, etc?

I know that the rules have changed since I filed the last time in 1998, which is why I've been avoiding it. I wanted to see if the creditor would ever pull their head out of their duffel bag to actually sincerely work with me as some creditors have in the past. Obviously some creditors are more legitimate than others. I never fill out any store credit card and basically tell the recruiters to suck an egg... but in a nice way. I teach them "don't ever do that", it will always blow up in your face should you stumble. I'm a walking financial educator now. Once our children are out of the house, I can easily see our standards jumping up tremendously. But that won't be fore a while. By the time my daughter reaches college, I'll be 62. Between now and then, i hope I don't need clean credit. In fact, since I want to teach I doubt it matters that much. I get the feeling that all of the creditors have information somewhere in their huge databases that we've filed anyway in the past.

Comment

About being judgement proof
      Well for me I lost my job 2 1/2 years ago. I have lived since then on unemployment+family. I have credit card debt of now $90,000 spread over 7 cards (was around $60,000 before I defaulted). I now rent an apartment, lease a car, have no property or homes, and keep a checking account with $1,000 or below. In my state of SC, there is no wage garnishment law and judgements are non renewable after 10 years. I am in the process of receiving my first judgement from BOA after about a year and a half of defaulting. So, when I get a default judgement in a month or two, I have no liability. Now, if you are smart and play it right you can keep your situation the same for 10 years and if you can't, then bankruptcy is there for you. So when I say I'm 100% collection proof, I mean it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X