No announcement yet.

Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always loved humming birds. I have a large humming bird feeder out by living room window and we get a lot of humming birds around here. I was thinking about this the other day... they don't kill anything to feed themselves. They don't hurt any other living thing in order to live. The nectar they get from flowers is freely offered up by the flowers, and does not even hurt the plant to consume the nectar. They are amazingly wonderful little birds.

As for cancer, it is very scary thing. Genes, radiation (from the sun, from x-rays, and from many other sources), carcinogens in water and air, and diet all play a role in cancer. Most of these things we can't do much about, but I have completely changed my diet. I eat mainly fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains like oats and brown rice and wild rice, beans, and very little of anything else. I mainly drink green tea, and I have cut out most sugary drinks. I try to make my own fruit and vegetable juices whenever I have the time, but I also like the Knudsen "Just Blueberry" and "Just Cranberry" juices. There is nothing in them but blueberries and cranberries, and I can't get fresh cranberries all year long anyways. It may not make any difference in the end, but at least I gave it a try.
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Thanks Hub for showing this. I had seen it B4 and could watch it everyday w/ tears in my eyes.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
        I've always loved humming birds. I have a large humming bird feeder out by living room window and we get a lot of humming birds around here. I was thinking about this the other day... they don't kill anything to feed themselves. They don't hurt any other living thing in order to live. The nectar they get from flowers is freely offered up by the flowers, and does not even hurt the plant to consume the nectar. They are amazingly wonderful little birds.

I never thought of it that way. However, a little bird who loves a being 10 thousands times it's size, and recognizes no fear of it's "Mommie", is certainly a puzzle referencing the intellect even a little bird has. God has a wonderful sense of humor does he not?

As for cancer, it is very scary thing. Genes, radiation (from the sun, from x-rays, and from many other sources), carcinogens in water and air, and diet all play a role in cancer. Most of these things we can't do much about, but I have completely changed my diet. I eat mainly fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains like oats and brown rice and wild rice, beans, and very little of anything else. I mainly drink green tea, and I have cut out most sugary drinks. I try to make my own fruit and vegetable juices whenever I have the time, but I also like the Knudsen "Just Blueberry" and "Just Cranberry" juices. There is nothing in them but blueberries and cranberries, and I can't get fresh cranberries all year long anyways. It may not make any difference in the end, but at least I gave it a try.
        I have read that almonds have a natural cancer offset as well as what you mentioned. Here in FL it is wise to protect yourself from the sun. I have badly sun damaged skin. My Mom was a peach and a "sun bunny" as well as a chain smoker. When she died at the age of 74, she looked 94. She died of C.O.P.D. a fate equal or worse than cancer.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X