AT&T cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT&T cell phone

I have had AT&T cell phone service for a few years now. I am 23 months into a 24 month contract. So I e-mailed AT&T and asked about up grading my phone. They said I must wait another month and then ok. I said I will pay the last month's fee and let's do the up grade now. They said they can't do it. Company policy. Sounds silly to me. A company refusing to take the last month fee's now and starting a new contract now. Makes no sense. I am a long time customer of AT&T, will they check my credit again? ( I do like the I-phone alot)

Very surprised to hear this, as I have done this with them several times.
    Try calling and asking for a manager.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Just got a e-mail from them. They say "an exception up-grade has been made and we have approved you to upgrade your current phone. I told them this morning that I would switch to another carrier, then I got this e-mail.

Comment

They will not recheck your credit.

In other news, Verizon called me the other day to upgrade my "new" 3G MiFi to 4G. At first, they wanted $69.00 to upgrade, but then called me back and said they'd give it to me for free. My contract only extended 3 months because... well... I just received the 3G MiFi device 3 months ago! Not bad Verizon... not bad at all.

(Noting that I'm a HUGE AT&T customer with multiple iPhones on my account.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, so I call customer service for the upgrade and the guy tell's me to go down to the AT&T store. I went to the store and they looked up my account and said no upgrade until May 2012. I show them the e-mail. They said sorry,.... So I will just wait until next month....however, in talking with the girl at the phone store, she tell's me Veterans are eligible for up to 15% off monthly bill, so she put me in for that. Had to have my DD 214 to scan it. She said it will take about 60 days to kick in and my bill will be reduced 15%. Nice...Heck I been paying them for years and didn't know that.

Comment

We have been with Verizon since 1995 and never knew they gave a military discount until last year. I think we get 10% off the entire bill. Wish I had know years ago. My husband found a website online that tells you which stores give a military discount. Lowes gives 10% off for veterans too. Again....wish I had known that years ago.

Comment

I got my new Iphone4S and I really like being able to talk my text message into the phone. I also added navigation into the phone for $10 bucks a year and it works great.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X