Snakes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    OMG! That would be a bad scene at my house and I love snakes!
    LOL!! we'll i couldn't believe this little one she would bring everything and anything into our house from the woods but you put a spider in front of her and to this date she screams.

so i guess none of you would have fared very well with the pigmy rattle snake that was in the laundry room last week?? ROFL!!! (TRUE!)

oh!!! and i didn't take out my 22...i just stepped on him and smushed him dead.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by dina13 View Post
      I've read about phobias like this, and one way to explain it is that you might have been killed by a snake in one of your previous lives (if you believe there are past lives). A fear like this could be resolved if you do a past life regression, and remember exactly what has caused it, and make peace with it.
      I personally don't have experience with past life regressions, however a friend of mine has done it a while ago, and it helped her deal with her issues.
      Dina,
      Thanks for the advice. With rare exception, I personally do not believe in past lives or re-incarnation so I wouldn't benefit from this. I do appreciate your candor though. I've heard of such things myself.

Blessings,
      The Bajan
      Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
      Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        LOL!! we'll i couldn't believe this little one she would bring everything and anything into our house from the woods but you put a spider in front of her and to this date she screams.

so i guess none of you were have fared very well with the pigmy rattle snake that was in the laundry room last week?? ROFL!!! (TRUE!)

Tobee,
        I really like you!! I could never do that and yes the pigmy rattle snake in the laundry room would do me in. I WISH SO MUCH that I could look at them and just say 'It's only a snake... it's only just another creature trying to survive'. Like a rabbit or a bird or anything else. I have to say that I think this post is helping me. After seeing two snakes last week AND having my friend completely scare the death out of me with her 'pet' snake, I've only had nightmares three or four nights. I'm still afraid to go out and mow the grass. It's on my task list but I'm in here (delaying). The last snake I saw a few days ago is the one I keep dreaming about. I keep re-living it and I am trying to envision a different outcome. An outcome where I don't freeze up and begin to hyperventilate before my husband guides me away from it. Instead, I am trying to see myself watching the snake slither away from me into it's natural habitat and going on about his day without me in the picture. I am trying to imagine that I am curious rather than terrified. I'm not sure it will work when I encounter one again but I'm trying to tell myself to be curious. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for just being you!
        The Bajan

Comment

LOL
          so i guess none of you would have fared very well with the pigmy rattle snake that was in the laundry room last week?? ROFL!!! (TRUE!)

Oh Oh ..remind me not to come and visit you tobee!!! Well. i guess i could sleep on top the kitchen counter.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
            Tobee,
            I really like you!! I could never do that and yes the pigmy rattle snake in the laundry room would do me in. I WISH SO MUCH that I could look at them and just say 'It's only a snake... it's only just another creature trying to survive'. Like a rabbit or a bird or anything else. I have to say that I think this post is helping me. After seeing two snakes last week AND having my friend completely scare the death out of me with her 'pet' snake, I've only had nightmares three or four nights. I'm still afraid to go out and mow the grass. It's on my task list but I'm in here (delaying). The last snake I saw a few days ago is the one I keep dreaming about. I keep re-living it and I am trying to envision a different outcome. An outcome where I don't freeze up and begin to hyperventilate before my husband guides me away from it. Instead, I am trying to see myself watching the snake slither away from me into it's natural habitat and going on about his day without me in the picture. I am trying to imagine that I am curious rather than terrified. I'm not sure it will work when I encounter one again but I'm trying to tell myself to be curious. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for just being you!
            The Bajan

i like you too!! but we need to help you through this fear.

how about some REAL facts about snakes.

1. how many people die of snake bites in the United States in the year 2011?

answer: What are my chances of being bitten by a venomous snake in the U.S.?
            How many people die each year from venomous snake bites?

The chances of dying from a venomous snakebite in the United States is nearly zero, because we have available, high-quality medical care in the U.S. Fewer than one in 37,500 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. each year (7-8,000 bites per year), and only one in 50 million people will die from snakebite (5-6 fatalities per year). Did you know that you are nine times more likely to die from being struck by lightning than to die of venomous snakebite? The graph below compares deaths from venomous snakebites to some leading causes of death, lightning strikes and other animal related deaths.

here's a tidbit on the my little house snake:

Have there been any reported deaths from a Pygmy Rattlesnake bite?

No, there are no reported deaths from a Pygmy Rattlesnake on record.
            However, in certain cases or situations (victim is very young or elderly,
            no medical care accessible), fatality could occur.

source of information is located from dr. j at http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venom...ake_faqs.shtml

now how many people die of automoble accidents in the US last year: 37485 people nationwide....that is "at least" since actually those stats were formulated last year for 2009 last year.

now here's the real killer...how many people die of heart related disease yearly: this is just a couple years data:
            445687 deaths from heart disease - that's roughly one in five deaths!!!!

i'll face a snake anyday!

so just keep telling yourself your chances of dying from a snake is pretty darn slim to none...actually getting struck my lighting and i'll get those stats if you want are even greater.

it's ok, you can go mow the lawn now LOL!!! and i know it's no laughing matter when you have a fear, but if it's that bad, you have to face it and deal with it. by the time you beat your fear you TOO, will be able to join the smash a snake with your foot club.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
              Oh Oh ..remind me not to come and visit you tobee!!! Well. i guess i could sleep on top the kitchen counter.
              you home?????

Comment

i like you too!! but we need to help you through this fear.

how about some REAL facts about snakes.

1. how many people die of snake bites in the United States in the year 2011?

answer: What are my chances of being bitten by a venomous snake in the U.S.?
                How many people die each year from venomous snake bites?

The chances of dying from a venomous snakebite in the United States is nearly zero, because we have available, high-quality medical care in the U.S. Fewer than one in 37,500 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. each year (7-8,000 bites per year), and only one in 50 million people will die from snakebite (5-6 fatalities per year). Did you know that you are nine times more likely to die from being struck by lightning than to die of venomous snakebite? The graph below compares deaths from venomous snakebites to some leading causes of death, lightning strikes and other animal related deaths.

here's a tidbit on the my little house snake:

Have there been any reported deaths from a Pygmy Rattlesnake bite?

No, there are no reported deaths from a Pygmy Rattlesnake on record.
                However, in certain cases or situations (victim is very young or elderly,
                no medical care accessible), fatality could occur.

source of information is located from dr. j at http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venom...ake_faqs.shtml

now how many people die of automoble accidents in the US last year: 37485 people nationwide....that is "at least" since actually those stats were formulated last year for 2009 last year.

now here's the real killer...how many people die of heart related disease yearly: this is just a couple years data:
                445687 deaths from heart disease - that's roughly one in five deaths!!!!

i'll face a snake anyday!

so just keep telling yourself your chances of dying from a snake is pretty darn slim to none...actually getting struck my lighting and i'll get those stats if you want are even greater.

it's ok, you can go mow the lawn now LOL!!! and i know it's no laughing matter when you have a fear, but if it's that bad, you have to face it and deal with it. by the time you beat your fear you TOO, will be able to join the smash a snake with your foot club.
                Thank you for this....
                I'll go mow the grass now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                  Thank you for this....
                  I'll go mow the grass now.
                  i'll come over and mow for you i don't want you to cry. but i promise you, it will be ok!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X