Airline Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airline Tickets

We are not in this situation as yet, but just curious if you need to fly how do you pay for airline tickets and can you still purchase them on line? Thank you. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
    We are not in this situation as yet, but just curious if you need to fly how do you pay for airline tickets and can you still purchase them on line? Thank you. sammie
    Debit cards or prepaid debit cards. No big deal.

I lived without a credit card for 2 years after bk, using only the debit card. Never had any problems.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you very much Froggersammie

Comment

yep +1 to the frog's post; we've purchased several tickets for our daughter using our debit card w/out issue

Comment

Pretty sure SW takes Paypal

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Usually, not a problem to buy airline tix with a debit card, however, I was recently unable to rent a car (tried Budget and AVIS) with a debit card. They required an actual credit card.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Filed how did you rent a car? sammie

Comment

I have rented cars and trucks with my debit card. Some agencies do not allow it, but they are not the only game in town. When you rent with a debit card, the amount equivalent to the anticipated usage is verified and a hold is placed on the money in your bank account. It is locked until the rental agreement is settled. The rental agency is guaranteed to receive the money.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                  I have rented cars and trucks with my debit card. Some agencies do not allow it, but they are not the only game in town. When you rent with a debit card, the amount equivalent to the anticipated usage is verified and a hold is placed on the money in your bank account. It is locked until the rental agreement is settled. The rental agency is guaranteed to receive the money.
                  It was not the amount of the anticipated usage that was the problem, it was just that they insisted on having a credit card, I suppose to cover them in case there were some "unanticipated" charges they needed to stick me with. Heck, I offered to pay cash up front, no deal.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Filed how did you rent a car? sammie
                    sammie, I called a friend, had them drive out to meet me at the rental place, had the friend rent the car with their credit card and put me on as driver. For the record, in addition to big inconvenience to the friend, they charged an extra $15 a day for second driver, so, it was an expensive lesson to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
                      Usually, not a problem to buy airline tix with a debit card, however, I was recently unable to rent a car (tried Budget and AVIS) with a debit card. They required an actual credit card.
                      Rental cards are a different issue. Try Enterprise next time. I rented from them without a credit card. They wanted additional information regarding my insurance and employer. But, they asked for a copy of a current utiility bill before they asked for all of that. If I had a bill with me, they may not have required all the extra info.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Check with the particular rental office before hand. Even within a given company the policy can be different from location to location. I have had to travel a few times for work. In most cases I have been able to get away with just showing my return ticket, but I also traveled enough for work at one point that I am likely in all their computers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X