No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a stay at home mom to two boys 5 and 2 1/2 years old. My husband is a very under paid Sheriff Deputy.
    Can you believe that our income is only $250.00 to much for us to qualify for Income Restricted housing! Pretty sad when the law enforcement communtiy is forced to live in poverty! A Deputy should be able to support his family as a one income family. BUT only the Sheriff and his buddies are getting fat and wealthy dirty little theivs hiding behind a badge
    Teaching a child to not step on a catipillar is as beneficial to the child as the catipillar - auther unknown

Comment

Educator and Realtor

I teach at a small university, where I'm paid poorly. So last year I decided to get into real estate to see if it would help. It has, but not enough; the first year expenses did me in.
      But what really did it was my husband's poor health and the medical bills we couldn't pay. The hospital charges that our terrible insurance didn't pay, along with the high copays on prescription drugs have bankrupted us.
      But, next year, with what I am starting to do in real estate, I expect everything to improve dramatically.

Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
      Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
      FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
      (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

I am a RN and Licensed Professional Counselor, although I certainly do not counsel clients on financial matters :> After filing bk and before coming to these boards, I felt unworthy to advise anyone on anything. I am feeling stronger now. In fact, I feel so much more knowledgeable than I did before. I would feel guilty and helpless before if a client talked about financial issues (and believe me most of them do), now I just do my best to point them in the right direction and put that particular problem in the hands of a different type of professional.

Comment

I am a Family Service Worker for the Head Start program. Only PT right now till something else comes along. Bad time for Social Service Workers, to many budget cuts. Those are the first things to get chopped.

Comment

Almost Homeless,

Yep, I was a victim of all the cuts when Reagan took office. All unecessary programs were cut and disolved......mine job was one of them....
            Had to seek more stable employment that was not determined by political outcome....

10 years and counting on present job,

Minny
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Mine was due to President Clinton. Which, some of the cuts were good, and some weren't. Oh well, maybe someday, they will need me again...lol

Comment

4th grade teacher...I'm broke AND crazy

Comment

Mechanical Engineer.....
                  Bankruptcy History:
                  Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                  Discharged - 02/16/2006
                  Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Let me think how to answer that - an unpaid police officer (reserve) teach related classes at local college as needed, and fulltime state employee where I thought I would always have job security but I am beginning to realize if there is such a thing. I also do some volunteering when I can.
                    I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

~I am a stay at home mom (two boys 5yrs and 10yrs).
                      ~My hubby works for one of the local hospitals. (and no He's not a doctor...LOL)
                      ~I do plan to go to work next year. I wanted to get something part time now, but I can't cause we are waiting for 341 and discharge.

pink_amulet

Comment

I'm in software sales. Funny even with the commissions am still broke. Oh, yeah . . . I belong to a family of doctors and nurses, too--both sides!

Comment

The Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation. ($8.54 per hr).www.texbollweevil.org

Comment

That's cool!!!!!!!!
                            I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

I'm a stay-at-home 'mom', too...

...hehe....my son is grown and married now and lives a few hours away...my kids are the animals I have rescued, 4 cats and a Borzoi...

I am Disabled now...in the past I was in sales a lot...and, before that, I helped start the very first Battered Women's shelter in our good ol' USA...

Right now I am a Master Herbalist student (at home)...and, writing a book. I hope to make enough $$ at some future time in order to get off Disability.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Comment

What do you do for a living?

I am a customer service manager at a global company. I also am a mom to a 17 year old son as well as a set of 15 year old triplet boys. Add on to that a house and a hubby and I've got a gazillion jobs!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X