• Show
Clear All

I work in the aerospace/defense field.
    filed: 5/17/06
    341: 7/5/06
    discharged: 9/6/06
    closed: 12/20/06

Comment

I think this is the right spot to introduce myself. I am a mother of 4 kids. My 13 year old is a special needs child so my husband and I decided that it is best for me to be a stay at home mom. I was a paramedic for 9 years but had to leave the job do to a back injury. We live on a very tight budget. We figure that as long as we have food on the table, clothes on our backs and a roof over our heads that is all we need. We had to file bankruptcy in 2000. Got our priorities wrong and had to have the newest vehicles and the fancy things in life. As we found out that will lead you to the poor house quickly. We had alot of fun laying down the plastic til it got to a point that we couldn't any longer pay the payments and were so far in over our heads there was no daylight to see anymore. Since our discharge we have been making it without the credit cards. Trust me it is rough at times, but you learn how to survive.

From what I have seen so far the site is awesome and I look forward to helping others.

Comment

My husband is housekeeping supervisor for our mall and he works long and hard hours. It has really taught my children not to mess up the food court when they eat because someone has to clean it up. I am a licensed hairstylist not working right now. Have to find a job doing something else now.

Comment

Introducing Myself

It's nice to get to know all of you.
          I work in the financial industry. I am married with two daughters, age 6 and 11. When I was fourteen I lost 95% of my vision, which has really been a great blessing in my life.
          I guess being blind I felt like I had something to prove to the world, so I was living way beyond my means. Thankfully I came to my senses a few years ago. I was fortunate enough to escape BK, and I am still on the debt elimination journey.
          I look forward to reading more of your post.
          (link deleted by moderator - prior permission required from forum administrator)
          Do you got what it takes to live a debt free life?

Comment

Originally posted by gotguts View Post
            It's nice to get to know all of you.
            Hi gotguts Nice to meet you too.

Comment

social worker in the foster care system.
              Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
              341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
              Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
              DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

I work in research administration for a hospital and I adjunct 1 class a semester and a local college.

My husband is a customer service respresentative to brokers at a large insurance agency.

Comment

Hi, My Job title is Multi-Office Team Leader,for an income tax buisness. I am also a wife and very proud parent of two children a son whose 15 and a daughter whose 13. My husband is a frame builder in the furniture buisness.

Comment

I was an assistant for the Felony Prosecuting Attorney at the State Attorney's Office in Florida (we moved there and immediately found out we were pregnant) but now I stay home with my girls. One is 4 and in preschool 2 hrs/day and the baby is 10 months old now. My husband is a press operator and we live back in MI w/ my father now. Shows just how quickly things can go downhill when something unexpected pops up. I guess mine was a blessing though. I still miss my job terribly.
                    Sarah H Owosso, MI
                    WE DID IT!! PRO SE
                    Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
                    DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Im a EMT. I worked in a hospital but the money was so bad that I now clean houses instead.

My husband is retired military and works as a estimator for a shipyard.
                      Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
                      DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
                      Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
                      Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

IT Auditor. I work for the biggest IT outsourcer in the world with 120k plus employees. I hear layoffs are on the way, perfect time for a chapter 7...
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

This is amazing, I just went through this entire thread and it seems most BKers are either a) working in medical field (esp. nurses) or b) stay-at-home mamas. Not too far are those who work in business/law office (& some in the IT field).

*I was surprised to see some teachers/professors here, I always thought they made good money with summers off. My father worked in education for a few decades and said teachings a great job man!

Anyways, I have decided to not have children and to not work in the medical field. I am artist but because of psychiatric problems I had trouble obsessing, organizing, and concentrating, amongst other things, but orthomolecular psychiatry is going to change that...right?!!!!.

I AM FUTURE LOTTERY JACKPOT DECA-MILIONAIRE!
                          *If for some odd reason that was postponed, which would be inconceivable, future office worker and wife to a decent man.
                          Last edited by LilStevens; 11-04-2007, 03:49 AM. Reason: felt like it (;

Comment

I'll chime in here to keep the ball rolling-
                            As of last Saturday I was a process automation electrician, today an unemployed vagabond.

Comment

Hi everyone, I don't post much but ...

I used to be a stay at home mom & my husband was a Regional Manager for Fleetwood Homes & made very good money until about 7 years ago he became disabled & I know work for the District Attorney's Office (Child Support Division) full time during the day & Im a manager at night at a small drive in.

Comment

Hubby is a welder and I am disabled with fibromyalgia . I bring in a small amount monthly merchandising. Don't feel bad if you don't know what that means, I didn't at first I mostly work around Christmas with occassional jobs during the year. Most of what I do is arranging Dearfoam slippers at local department stores and making sure the displays are kept stocked and neatly arranged. I also do audits, mostly compliance of franchise locations for various brand name companies to ensure the franchise is following the company standards.

I'm trying to find more companies to get small jobs with so I have something regular every month. In Dec, I get to visit a bunch of stores to put new stickers on gum packs Hubby can't believe I get paid to do stuff like that.
                                Filed 9/5/07
                                341 10/4/2007
                                Last Day for Objections 12/3/2007
                                DISCHARGED 12/4/2007

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X