No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a (industrial) construction manager/cost controls engineer before being terminated in the fall of 2008 when I underwent emergency surgery & chemo and could not return to work for 12 weeks. Unfortunately this happened in VA and being it is an "at will" state, I didn't have much of a case for wrongful termination. Been doing consultant work when I'm physically able to since and working on additional certifications in cost engineering and LEED. DH is also a construction manager in the telecommunications industry.

Comment

I work for a computer company. They make "aight" computers...I prefer macs myself though...lol

Comment

I take pretty pictures of peoples insides and bones. CT/MRI technologist.

Comment

Originally posted by cofer22 View Post
          I take pretty pictures of peoples insides and bones. CT/MRI technologist.
          They are trying to AUTOMATE that process and/or outsouce it to India people.

Comment

Figures.... they are already outsourcing our medical information, why not send them the pictures to go with it? This infuriates me to no-end.

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
              They are trying to AUTOMATE that process and/or outsouce it to India people.
              I wish sometimes... Maybe they could do the enemas remotely. That'd be funny.

Medical Jobs definitely have their drawbacks...

Comment

I am a special education teacher. My husband was a union carpenter who hasn't had steady work in over 3 years so he is working 3rd shift at BJs stocking.

Comment

I am a professional grandmother to four granddaughters, lol. Hubby works as a Home Theater Installer, and installs all sorts of home automation products - sound systems, alarm systems, telephone systems, plasma TVs, etc. He is also a retired Navy chief. We are moving in a few months to North Carolina once he gets a job, hopefully in his field of electronics.

Comment

Does hubby get pension from the service

Comment

Originally posted by oldman View Post
                      Does hubby get pension from the service
                      yes we get $1600 a month

Comment

I am an attorney in Chicago. However, looking to make some changes. Thinking about becoming a professor or business consultant.

Comment

Unemployed of course. But I am thinking of becoming a tent salesman. You know, for all those unemployed that will soon be moving to tent cities!

Comment

CPA. Okay stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by bjh317s View Post
                              CPA. Okay stop laughing.
                              Not laughing here....we are ALL somewhere.
                              I've been a wallpaper hanger for 30+ years....Now that is funny.
                              Just can figure out why business is so slow the last few years...ROFL

Can't imagine why someone would want to put food on their table instead of wallpaper on their walls.
                              MORE ROFL
                              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Police dispatcher

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X