Our Builder went out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Builder went out of business

Just found out a homeowner who paid cash for new home in our subdivision in 2005, decided this year to do remodeling and applied for equity loan. He is being told there is lien on his property from orginal builder when he bought the property for the entire sub. He did not buy title insurance either. So is not able to get Loan.

The HOA Lady came to me to help do records search on this, It appears all homes had the lien, for the orginal purchase of the land to build all there homes. Most of them were released in 2006 , but a few are not released. Now we find out the builder went out of business in 2010. Hopefully a attorney could get his released.

We also have a lawsuit pending with him due to fencing never installed. I guess we can forget that.
    I was so happy with this builder , they did such a good quality job on these homes. I had been thru 2 previous terrible builders before. So I am sad they went out of business.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Dang that stinks!!! Hopefully things will get resolved quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
      He did not buy title insurance either.

Buying a house is such a huge purchase, I just wonder about someone who would do that without buying title insurance. What were they thinking?
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I guess He figured it was new house with no owners before. But I wonder if he used attorney and if the attorney recommended it. Hopefully it is just oversight and it should of been released. Legal issues come up,
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X