HOAs - Could They Get Any Worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOAs - Could They Get Any Worse?

I am posting this here because it is from 2012.

I had a similar experience when I complained to my HOA about their baseless fee increases over several years and that my section, (the older original section), had not gotten any improvements or maintenance for several years. A month or two later I asked the HOA for a permit to take down a diseased and rotting tree that was leaning on my electrical wires and threatening to fall at any time. A week after I was granted a permit and had the tree removed the HOA fined me $1200 for removing the tree.
    When I complained to the president of the board I was directed to the general manager. The general manager told me this when I questioned the fine, "we (the HOA) are above the law, we make our own rules and regulations and enforce them as we see fit."
    That's pretty bad, right? Then I came across this article. You must read down to the the Bajonet Point FL article. If you don't think HOAs could get any worse read the article.

When I was house shopping years ago, the only absolute requirement was no HOA.

My parents had issues with their HOA when I was was growing up and I heard about issues other people had. There's no way I'd buy a house with a HOA no matter the price.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

our hoa helps the people cut down the trees and sign the approvals for the request i get a team together and we help....including cutting lawns and painting homes. so it's just your hoa, you should have checked it out more carefully.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X