Completing a plan early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completing a plan early?

I'm in a 100% 13 plan now that's scheduled to end in October, 2017. I've read that other people have completed them early and am curious how that happens. Is it as I'm thinking that they were able to pay extra each month?

While we're not eating rice and beans, I just don't see how someone could afford to do so when they pretty much strap you with as much as finances allow.

There are various ways somebody can manage to pay off a Chap 13 early. Some people in 100% plans have a lot of wiggle room in their budget. Their plan payment may not actually by 100% of their disposible income, so they are able to save and pay off early. Also, sometimes not all unsecured creditor's file claims, so it doesn't take as long as expected to pay 100%. Getting tax refunds or bonuses that are turned over to the trustee could cause a plan to end early. Some people get an inheritance or a gift or loan that allows them to pay the plan off early. Or, they may have an asset that they decided to sell.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X