Talk about Mondays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about Mondays...

I just paid $300 on back cell phone bill which was to leave a current balance of $172.00 (don't ask me how a $79 monthly bill w/free evenings & weekends turns into this...?)...now, I knew it was going to be turned off today.

I got the $ from my bf to pay the 172 balance today. I called up & now the balance is $542!!!!!!!!

Get this...they did not charge me for the Razor phone (199.00) that I bought in March until now. What kind of bs is this...with the size of my bills, I thought for sure it had already been figured in. And they've added $107..which is my $79 plan with taxes...in already even though the phone has been shut down.....

Being that the bf is on my plan & is a wild texter...I think it's time for this phone to permanently get shut down....I am not dealing with this large bill...I told the lady on the other end to put down bankruptcy on my bill....it just never ends...I can't even believe I gave them $300 two weeks ago....WTF???

So, now how do I get cell phone service? Can I go & get the prepaid plans even though I'm in bk? I've had this cell since 2003...it's done nothing but get higher with my bf on the family plan.

You know what they can take this family plan and do don't you...I believe it's a place called where the sun doesn't shine...

Maybe this is god's way to get my bf off my cell bill and onto his own cell bill so that when he can't pay me...it's his own phone that gets turned off and not mine....

Soooo glad I did not pay the $172 I was just planning on giving them...I can pay something much more worthwhile, like the electric bill!
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

My STBX use to run our phone bill up month after month among many other bills. LOL she has had a phone with every carrier out there. I would get on her ass but it never did any good other than a few days. BTW the many bills
    and the divcorce cost is part of why I am on BK. Any who one day I said we need to talk ....and she ended with "so, do you want me to leave" I calmly said that wouldnt be a bad idea. That was seven months ago LOL havent seen her since. Another 4 months and the Big D should be final. Then the BK
    hopefully will soon follow.
    Thanks,

Chris

Comment

If you go with Tracphone let me know. I can send you a refferal link and we both can get free minutes.
      Filed 09/05
      Discarged 1/2/06
      Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Hey guys, I was on ebay looking at trac phones and a few of the dealers
        had like free codes on thier websites were you could pick up free minutes.
        I dunno if the links are still valid though. Just something to check out.
        Thanks,

Chris

Comment

I have five phones with Cingular. My oldest is now paying his at 21.00 per month. That is his cost. 9.99 each addl. line plus taxes. When HE DOESN'T pay i will shut the phone down. You can turn off the phone without cancelling the contract, I've done it before, it won't change the bill but will change the use.

Our Bill is 140.38 per month when we odon't call 411, a BIG NO-NO in our house. I only had a money issue once in the two years the boys have had phones. After Columbine and 9/11 I got each one a phone in High School. Cell Phones save lives, Whitehouses, dogs, cats, chickens, I love cell phones.
          Last edited by robivi3; 07-10-2006, 01:42 PM.
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

What a complete mess! And where do they get off charging you for your phone NOW nearly six months after you bought the darn thing?!

I say let them shut it off, and take the money, and go get a pre-paid, and fight until the death over these charges.

What a joke!
            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I know how to nip that texting and all downloads of any kind in the bud!!

Call your cell phone carrier and tell them to put IP Blocks on your phone numbers.

We ran into that. Had the promotional Internet, downloads thing for free for 2 months. I shut it off after that. I thought.

Next bill was nearly $400. There were all kinds of downloads and text messages and such from the kids. When I dropped the plan, then Sprint started charging my acct by the mega bite or kilo bite, whichever, of information transmitted.

I had to call 2-3 times, but I finally got a customer service rep to take care of it for me. She blocked the IP's on all the phones on my acct.

Now, nobody can access the internet for anything at all. No picture sending. No text messaging. No downloads. Nothing. The phones are just phones!
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

First of all, I'm sorry you have to deal with this mess.

Second,
                Originally posted by AMISLANDER
                Maybe this is god's way to get my bf off my cell bill and onto his own cell bill so that when he can't pay me...it's his own phone that gets turned off and not mine....
                I'd say "yes" on this one. I'm not a big believer in adding people to my cell plan.
                Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

That is another thing, ALL five phones have an IP block, no browsing, no text, no IM, nothing, it's a phone. Call them, they will block it, once you get the bill paid.

and heck yeah, dump him from the plan.
                  Last edited by robivi3; 07-10-2006, 02:30 PM.
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted
                    What a complete mess! And where do they get off charging you for your phone NOW nearly six months after you bought the darn thing?!
                    Sometimes a phone is "free" or at a discount if you sign up for a multi-year plan. However, like our credit cards, they have the fine print in them that if you don't complete the plan, you will be charged for the full price of the phone. Others have small print that if you are late on your payments, they can charge you the full fee.
                    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I use a pre-paid "tracphone" and have for 4 years now..... several of my friends do now also....

It cost me $94.00 a year for tower service (nationwide) and I get 450 free minutes each year when I renew service...... All minutes roll over if not used.. none are wasted....

I always renew during the holidays and get extra free minutes (specials)

When I use my minutes up I just go on line and buy more minutes....

I do not use my cell for "chat-chat"..... I use it when I leave the house, traveling, etc....

WORKS WELL FOR ME..... has all the features of all the other cell phones.....

Works great for my neighbors kids also...... cell phones, cheaply............ and they can block what they don't want them using............

One of the kids in our office got a new "razor" phone........and the plan....... A month later he wants a different service......... DUH.......NOW it going to cost him over $600.00 to get out of it............ $300 for the phone, $200 for discontinuing a contract, $79 for his plan he owes, not counting his long distance and text messaging................ HE'S FIT TO BE TIED......

ALL THE HIDDEN FEES AND FINE PRINT REALLY COST.............

SO BUYER BEWARE...................

I still have my home phone for daily chatting..............
                      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I hear ya!!!

Originally posted by tinroofrusted

I say let them shut it off, and take the money, and go get a pre-paid, and fight until the death over these charges.

What a joke!

That's what I said to the technician yesterday afternoon! Then, I said, you know what, I"M IN BANKRUPTCY....good luck!
                        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Anyone with Metro PCS?

In our area...they're supposed to be the cheapest, no contracts, no credit checks, new towers up...$49/month and you can call anywhere...going to investigate plans...

I'll look into the trac phone...I usually only use my phone after 9 p.m. when I have the "FREE"? minutes and on the weekends when it's "FREE" that's why, for the life of me...I can't figure out why the bill gets unmangeable...

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3
                            I have five phones with Cingular. My oldest is now paying his at 21.00 per month. That is his cost. 9.99 each addl. line plus taxes. When HE DOESN'T pay i will shut the phone down. You can turn off the phone without cancelling the contract, I've done it before, it won't change the bill but will change the use.

Our Bill is 140.38 per month when we odon't call 411, a BIG NO-NO in our house. I only had a money issue once in the two years the boys have had phones. After Columbine and 9/11 I got each one a phone in High School. Cell Phones save lives, Whitehouses, dogs, cats, chickens, I love cell phones.
                            If you have to call 411 try 1-800-FREE411...it's free and it works, you have to listen to an ad, but it's better than paying crazy fees!
                            If I didn't have anything to worry about, I would worry about that...
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Filed CH 13: 6/16/06

Comment

Thanks, nervous, will do. at 1.25 per call it is a money maker for Cingular. Half the time they can't locate the number. HOW can their be "no listing" for a Home Depot in the Center of Sunrise Florida when i just left it ten minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

already stored the number in home and cell. thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X