No announcement yet.

Child custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child support and visitation are two topics that always cause heated discussions. Most non-custodial parents feel that courts offer them no help while SOME custodial parents take advantage of the situation.

If I were to do a spreadsheet showing what my TRUE expenses were for my youngest daughter it would make the $50/week I'm supposed to receive look like a drop in a very large lake.

I pay everything for her including all medical insurance/medical needs; he pays nothing.

Its always been beyond my comprehension how a parent can basically walk away from their child; he hasn't had visitation with her since she was 11 because of abuse issues and she's 17 now.

And while I agree that you shouldn't be dependent on child support; that you should be able to support your children without it, I do feel that since it took two people to make a child, two people should support that child.
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
    9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
    Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

Originally posted by stormy View Post
      And while I agree that you shouldn't be dependent on child support; that you should be able to support your children without it, I do feel that since it took two people to make a child, two people should support that child.
      You couldn't have said it any better Stormy. It is too bad that a monetary issue causes so many problems and the kids are the ones who are really cheated. I try to look at it this way, I would never want my child come up to me and say "Daddy why didn't you send mommy any money to help raise me?". There are way too many parents out there who do everything they can to avoid their responsibilities towards their own children.

Have a good one !

Comment

Nice replies Meatstick! I'm on the downside of my second marriage and this info is useful. I may have to use that temp. child custody you were referring to. I hope you are right.

Comment

dealingsdone I would make sure you consult with an attorney before you do anything. Paying for a simple consultation can help prevent major problems in the future. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Comment

My BIL got custody of his daughter. He was a dental hygienist in the military. He was careful to document the conditions of the house before he left. He and the baby had to sleep on cots in the driveway, it was so nasty. He took her to daycare rather than leave her in the house with her mother. He had his preacher come over and look over the house so he could testify in court. If he hadn't done all that he would have lost her. That was in the 1960s, it may be different, now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X