Check This Out: Like Free PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check This Out: Like Free PACER

If you wanted to find someone from your past a few years ago it was not easy at all. Maybe you wanted to get back in touch with a member of your family,

You have to wait about a day for your password to be emailed to you. But I've been playing with it today and it seems to work just fine.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Did you give them your real name, address and phone etc??
    9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
    11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
    1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

While I appreciate the link... that site has more advertising than the Million Dollar Website. (Bonus points to anyone who gets the million dollar website reference.)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

gigijk looks very much like a spammer. I doubt the Mods are going to leave the three posts made by him up very long. Private advertising is against the rules of this Forum, and it appears that he is trolling for patrons. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          gigijk looks very much like a spammer. I doubt the Mods are going to leave the three posts made by him up very long. Private advertising is against the rules of this Forum, and it appears that he is trolling for patrons. 'Hub
          JMO, but gigiik isn't a spammer in the true sense of the word. While he/she posted about his/her website, the original post referencing the website came from MSbklawyer, who has been posting for quite awhile.

There may be a fine line here, but, how will we find out about new tools and websites if a regular poster can't post a link here? While the ads are overwhelming, the source may be useful.

justbroke...The Million Dollar Website...what a stroke of genius, eh? I just checked and it is still up.
          Last edited by 2Bshinyandnew; 09-12-2009, 05:08 AM. Reason: and the post is already gone

Comment

Here is the danger of the unknown links. First, the person is breaking forum rules by promoting a so called free service. This site is free to use due to the Google adds as well. However, as a webmaster myself, the information you use to register can also be harvesting personal information for malice. This forum cannot take that kind of chance for legal reasons. Even though there are notices posted, as a webmaster, you have to be very careful. A suit is expensive even if not justified. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bshinyandnew View Post
              justbroke...The Million Dollar Website...what a stroke of genius, eh? I just checked and it is still up.
              Bonus points to 2Bshinyandnew!

The reason I won't be using that "free" docket site, is because of the type of registration information it requires. I'm picky about providing such to relatively unknown entities.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm coming to the conversation late. Was I not supposed to post that link to free court dockets?
                Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by PdxDavid View Post
                  Did you give them your real name, address and phone etc??
                  Everything except phone. I gave them a throw-away email address that I keep for just such things.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                    I'm coming to the conversation late. Was I not supposed to post that link to free court dockets?
                    MSbklawyer, it's not you that some are complaining about. It's the owner of the website, who came here to BKforum and posted several messages on various threads, advertising not only that free docket site, but also the "parent" website as well.

It's a fine line, and I think we're just discussing where that fine line is. No problems with you posting it at all.

Comment

Hi guys,
                      I have been hearing qutie a bit about about this FreeCourDockets.com in the some of the blogs\discussion forums and press releases releases along with ReCap.

Are you saying that it is possible to get invite code from freecourtdockets.com with fake information. Also, has anyone done a back ground check on FreeCourtDocket.com site to see who they are are and to confirm it is not a phishing site? Has anyone retreived a docket using their service and compared against what you will get from PACER? Please advise.

Comment

I've heard of the site before but haven't signed up.

One thing about this is that it is a double edged sword. Sure you can get your BK info easier and without going through PACER but also realize that everyone else can now also get your information much easier too. That has privacy effects.

Right now it isn't happening because you must be registered to use it but imagine when all your Bankruptcy information starts coming up on Google when people type in your name...
                        Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

I just applied forinvite code at FreeCoutDockets.com with fake information and got rejected prompty .
                          I am going to do some dig up on them to see who they are before I give up my info. I wll report back shortly.

Comment

Debtprison has a point. However, who knows, the lawyer might be using them already to save a few bucks by pulling the docket.

Comment

Here is an excerpt from the privacy policy

The personal information you provide to us when using our Web site, such as your name, postal or email address or telephone number will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with FCD, and to notify you of special offers, updated information and new products and services from FCD, offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you, or used by FCD or third parties for the purpose of conducting market research or surveys on behalf of FCD. Agents or contractors of FCD who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for FCD. FCD may enhance or merge your information collected at its Web site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you.
                              Basically, its an ad supported site and is gathering info to create [and sell] mailing lists.
                              Just buyer beware. Nothing is truly free, your information in valuable.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X