No announcement yet.

341 and we get this so-called "diligent" trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to apologize, Valle. I'm just having a sucky year all around, that was just a cherry on top last month.

Comment

And we know your Trustee is 'Nuts' - so IMO, that does it for your Sundae of Suck!!

Just for S&Gs - have you priced movers? I was pretty amazed at the quotes we got versus the cost of boxes, bubble-wrap, truck rental, time off from work, etc. not to mention the stress on us (especially my back and DH's hip). I was told that if we moved a few things like the stuff they WILL NOT move (cleaning supplies, lighter fluid, etc.) and the items that super increase the cost of a move (bedding, pillows, mirrors and big pictures) we could save a great deal and their quote showed it. We are of the age that pizzas and a case of beer doesn't entice folks to help you move and we don't have a church or other affiliations where folks volunteer to help you...

Hope your weekend is both peaceful and productive.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
        And we know your Trustee is 'Nuts' - so IMO, that does it for your Sundae of Suck!!

Just for S&Gs - have you priced movers? I was pretty amazed at the quotes we got versus the cost of boxes, bubble-wrap, truck rental, time off from work, etc. not to mention the stress on us (especially my back and DH's hip). I was told that if we moved a few things like the stuff they WILL NOT move (cleaning supplies, lighter fluid, etc.) and the items that super increase the cost of a move (bedding, pillows, mirrors and big pictures) we could save a great deal and their quote showed it. We are of the age that pizzas and a case of beer doesn't entice folks to help you move and we don't have a church or other affiliations where folks volunteer to help you...

Hope your weekend is both peaceful and productive.
        We're definitely planning to hire a couple of pro movers. We know we aren't as fit as we were back in our twenties and there's no sense potentially getting injured -- especially since the health care benefits for me and DH won't kick in until 10/1. It was just kind of depressing today. We had a kid party in the backyard and a couple of the parents were there commenting on how perfect the backyard is for playing (nice and flat and pretty large). It just drives home the suck factor of what we have to do even more. And people just don't understand, they really can't imagine why we'd have to move and we don't feel like going into a long story about going bankrupt and the trustee going after our house to pad his income.

At least tomorrow we'll be able to really get down to packing and hopefully be able to hear before the week is out that we have a place secured for sure. It sounded pretty positive on Friday when the apt manager ran the credit check on us. They saw the bankruptcy and said they saw it discharged, then said based on what they see so far it seems like we'll be approved. That'll take a huge load of stress off if we know for sure where we're going in a week.

Comment

I thought I'd bump this thread and see how things went with the move and if BofA actually approved the TTs short sale.

I hope all is well.

Comment

Hi freeatlast09. I'm curious too... I hope things are better....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

The deadline for the second motion from the Trustee was Friday (deadlines scheduled 1 week before hearing date). Funny thing is, BofA sent a certified envelope last Thursday. We were thinking surely this is them pulling the trigger on foreclosure. Nope, just them once again sending us modification documents and the address for the assistance center in downtown Seattle. There's also been no actual approval of any of this by BofA yet. We thought there had been back in early July when the 1st motion to force the sale was set by the Trustee for later in the month because we saw the price BofA was willing to go down to ultimately which was $20K less than what was offered by the Russian family. But then DH spotted something in the documents that indicated that BofA had not approved any of this at all and they are still sending us mod docs, so what are we to think??? Sounds like all this could end up falling through after all to where we wouldn't have to leave our house. Grrr.

We would've played chicken with the Trustee too, but we have continuity of schooling to consider for the girls. So we are leasing an apt and are gradually moving. We had the big push of furniture a week ago and today I'm going to try to get the furballs moved over. The kids love the new apt and have their room all tricked out. We're (the adults) are getting used to it. It's on a much busier traffic road, the neighbors can be noisy, and it's kind of upscale ghetto. DH got the girls registered at the school on Friday and they get to start after Labor Day.

I also started a new better job last week. It's $900 more per month earnings (although the job I left had a lot of mandatory OT that would have kicked in soon) and more importantly it's actually more back in my original industry which is good. Plus it's a pretty casual work environment -- flexible scheduling, wear sweatpants if I feel like, the coworkers are very laid back, etc.. It was pretty funny when I was in the process of quitting the call center job, even my supervisor was like, "Oh, that is a nice job!" when I told her who I'd be working for. LOL.

So who knows about the house. I would assume that since BofA has not approved anything, the Trustee cannot force them either. Because it's BofA's property, not ours or the Trustee's. Oh, and DH almost got served on Wednesday! He was pulling in to the house driveway, saw the out of place car parked on the street, saw the guy start grabbing paperwork from the passenger seat, and then he peeled out and got out of dodge. We didn't see the process server since, but we did get that certified letter the next day, so maybe it was someone BofA contracted? Who knows.

Comment

So out of curiosity, did your 341 take place in Seattle or was it south?
                Filed 9/14/2012 341 10/23/2012 Discharged 01/02/2013 Closed 01/07/2013

Comment

Originally posted by clunk View Post
                  So out of curiosity, did your 341 take place in Seattle or was it south?
                  downtown Seattle

Comment

We still haven't seen anything spit out by the court and it's been a week now. Usually they are pretty johnny on the spot with mailing stuff to us. So who knows what that all means....

Comment

Boa move fast yea right and i have a better chance of winning the lottery! Thats why we filed chapt 13 last month is because we got tired of the games they love to play! Possibly give a mod but find some craptastic reason to deny it after weve made the trial payments! I do hope things work out for your family i cant imagine the stress you are under. I know with out a doubt i could not hold up to the stress as my MS doesnt allow for it!
                      Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
                      10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Resigned2BK View Post
                        Thank heavens I finally started a full time job last month -- even though it's really bottom basement pay. It's marginally better pay than McDonalds. It's so fun almost being 40 and feeling like I'm a teenager with my earning power.
                        Looking at working for 1/4 my previous income, I understand. Retired on a limited early retirement draw down, I feel like a college student again (although this time, I buy quality microbrew beer rather than Milwaukee's Beast.)

Comment

Update:

Trustee filed an interim report (why we weren't notified about that and I had to drag that out of my atty's sec'y, IDK!) about 2 weeks ago. He hasn't set the sale date though. And from what the sec'y told me (which isn't firm because she's not 100% understanding a true prediction of the case in question here) is that the house would be finally sold and done a minimum of 90 days from a date of sale set by a BK Trustee. So end of January at earliest. We filed our BK on January 10th and we won't even be closed until probably Spring 2013!

And because of my attys seeming unwillingness to be available to talk about important things like WHEN TO MOVE, we are spending over $1300 a month on a place we likely could have got into no prob early next year. Looking at at least 5 months worth of rent that we didn't need to pay because we jumped too early. Thanks a lot. I'm sure we could easily win a Motion to Abandon against the Trustee at this point, but we spent almost all our savings securing an apartment because we thought those hearings in July and August meant the house would be gone forever soon after August!!!

And that concludes this installment of the BK from hell.

Comment

Gah R2BK!!! However, there is something to be said for a fresh start.

After 2 years of no payments, we are moving on the 9th. Even though I think we have another 6-ish months before the bank would be filing the Notice of Trustee Sale (with 3+ months before sale)-- among many other reasons, we found the perfect house in the perfect place that will allow our fur-kids with a reasonable deposit- so we decided to bail.

I hope all is well with you guys otherwise and that all the upcoming holidays are great! (((Hugs)))
                            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Update:

It turned out that our atty's sec'y was dead wrong in thinking that nothing major would happen until January at the earliest. We got contacted 2 weeks ago that everything was going through and in the process of being finalized and that we would need to be out in a few days. A vague few days left as a message. So we emailed and called and DH finally got ahold of them after a couple days (because they tell us this leading into a bank holiday weekend - DOH!) and it turned out to be something they want to finalize with us turning in keys on the 21st. Which we aren't sure will happen right then just because closing is supposedly "a few days later" which given their previous "a few days" remarks, could mean 10 days all the way to the 31st which is the buyers' official deadline according to the court supposedly. Oh, and we still have gotten zilch from the court about this, but our atty finally got information a few days after that message we got 2 weeks ago. DH found out from our insurance agent that we will be liable for any damage between a potential keys pass over and closing which we do NOT like (remember, these people had no problem whatsoever in antagonizing my cats minutes after I drove off during their inspection) and on top of that, the water and energy utilities also say that we are responsible for all charges until closing. So if we can't get them to sign off on taking financial responsibility without seeing signed closing papers, then they will not get the keys quite yet on Sunday. Ha.

At this point, I'm so glad we did move when we did. It turned out to be the right move and timing after all. We have about 99% of what we want to keep out of there. And they will get a nice happy mess of junk all over the house and garage since they are seemingly unwilling to offer cash for keys. We'd happily clean it up and get Good Will or whoever to drive their truck over for the stuff that isn't trash, but there's no incentive.

Comment

well for the good, it's finally coming to a close for you and you can now move on and never look back. what an adventure, one i'm certain was so difficult, but you did it!
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X