341 and we get this so-called "diligent" trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Resigned2BK View Post
    I wouldn't mind moving, Tobee. Heck, I moved out here to a job 12 years ago. DH spent the last 13 years building up an ongoing business that, should we relocate out of the area, it would probably take him 4-5 years just to get back to reasonable level of business. He also has a group he finally connected into last year that has been really making good progress over time at getting consistent well-paying work. I've applied for numerous jobs over the years that would be probably enough on that one income to float us awhile until he could establish in a new place, and nothing ever works out. It's not just hard here, it's hard just about everywhere. That's why we (DH and I) laugh when the politicians and newscasters just call this economy "The Great Recession." We call it "Great Depression #2."

In rereading the previous post of mine, I should have just said I need to make $1000 or $1K, obviously not $1000K. Oops. LOL. We aren't in deficit by a ton and if I really really have to, *shudder* I will seek employment at a fast food place where that $1000 can be a reality. Awful to think I'll be turning 39 and working minimum wage!
    i'm certain you will find something to cover that amount. i know i find work when ever i can and actually my load is growing (of course at a time at this moment where i would it actually to be a bit less). but at least i'm finding ways to make it all work and i'm certain you will as well.

as jb points out:

For what it's worth, a BK isn't a "bad" credit practice. There are many people that use bankruptcy as a strategic tool and come out with pretty good credit scores thereafter. It's how one dealt with credit prior to filing bankruptcy (or the event which precipitated the bankruptcy) which is indicative of the person's true financial habits!

and honestly, that's exactly what we did, however, it does take some time for it to all come together.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Updates:

I'll start off with more pleasant things. We've been looking at apartments furiously for the past couple weeks and found a really nice complex today. We will qualify based on income as they are fine with 2x rent (there's a lot of 2.5x and some 2x because there's a tax credit managements can get for renting to people who can be good tenants yet aren't making Boeing or Microsoft type high salaries). The sticking point with them could be the bankruptcy as they say on the app they want BK closed with positive credit history beyond. We're discharged for a month now, we've been continuing to pay the whole time on DH's student debt, so we figure we'll try and hope their credit standards are against pre-discharge rather than specifically requiring case all the way closed. But if all else fails, there is a place at 2.5x that said discharged.

And now I get to rant and rave and be pretty damned pissed off for awhile....

Homebuyers placing our house back into pending (we have reason to believe now that they aren't the original airheads coming in for a 2nd visit to measure windows for treatments two Saturdays ago) did their inspection this afternoon. They are Russians (I've never had anything against immigrants in my entire life until these folks), the inspector was Russian, the real estate agent was a fill in American for their agent who could not be here today. We have reason to believe the inspector didn't really go as thorough as inspectors tend to do. Hmmm, more on that later.

DH set his computer to audio record for the whole time. We are doing this just for our benefit, not to share, and yes, I know technically people are supposed to be told they are being recorded -- yet burglars have been apprehended by people having their home computer video recording. If the latter is legal... anyway, I digress. This is just background set up.

#1 reason I am very mad right now: I've mentioned I have cats. I've mentioned I'm really stressed out about what to do about the fast tiny cat in particular in the case of an inspection. I have signs at outside doors telling people to keep them closed so cats aren't let out. My cats are declawed, they are 100% housecat, they are also elderly. And they matter a lot to me. So half an hour before arrival, I captured the troublesome cat (other one is a big fat slug) and locked her up in a carrier. Then when they arrived, I asked the inspector very nicely to do our laundry room first so that can be all done and I can release my cats in there so there's no chance of a cat escape mishap. And the inspector looked a bit gruff but did comply. I managed to get both cats moved in there about 20 minutes later, released the fast cat from her carrier, and closed the door firm enough that neither cat could possibly open it (it stuck in the door jam). That room has their feed dishes and litter box. I promptly after gathered up the kiddos (DH is off at work for the inspection) and got us all out the door. Come to find out from audio that the cats were not only released within 10 minutes of us leaving (and these people were there about 1.5 hr total!!!) but that they were obviously letting the 15 month old harass the big slug cat, cat hissed, and they just laughed and said "Oh, I like him!" WHAT.THE.F---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took a few hours since us being home for both the cats to calm down and be normal again.

I do intend to complain about the cats being let out when I expressly told the agent and the buyer that the cats are NOT to be let out. This might seem silly to some, but this is a big friggin deal to me. I bent over backwards to be nice and make sure the inspection can go smooth in terms of the animal factor and this is what I get back in consideration. We are on food stamps, we should not be forced to kennel the cats for an inspection that only lasts 1.5hr.

***growl***

#2: Real estate fill in woman is chatting my kids up like crazy, the eldest in particular. Nothing that big of a deal, but it irked me yet I didn't want to antagonize just in case they might do something against my wishes regarding the cats. Obvs I need to just be rude and not be such a nice person. Anyway, she's asking who has our mortgage, I figure it's not a big deal to say BofA, then she says "They move really fast!" then chuckles and says, "You better get a lot of boxes and get all this packed up quickly!" Really, lady, because I've had at least 10 other people tell me BofA is slow as molasses on all things Short Sale. I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause a scene in front of the kids. She also is asking the kids about school, asked if the youngest is in preschool at which oldest says "No" and then the woman says, "Staying home with Mommy? That's nice. You got to stay home with Mommy too, eh?" Ah, just assuming I've been stay at home the whole time. Clueless. Then she picks up a little chotchky on DH's very cluttered front room table and starts quizzing the kids. Nice! Oh good grief. Needless to say I was very glad to get out of the house and away from clueless chatty Cathy.

#3: Indication from audio that clueless chatty Cathy is not as clueless as she might seem (although I knew she couldn't be regardless). It's scratchy, but we can hear her say, "This is a bankruptcy... it's sad as they probably lost their jobs..." If you had any empathy, don't start telling someone while laughing that they need to pack their house lickity split because BofA approves low ball short sales fast. I was not fooled when I was talking to you what your intentions are. You are trying to help your colleague by convincing us to move out early so we won't have a chance at cash for keys. Think again, b*tch! Your colleague's client will not get their keys until the last moment unless they want to pay. Period. I don't f-ing care if we have nothing left in the place, we'll put on the slider latch and exit out the garage with our remote opener.

#4: I'm trying to get the kids into the car and the inspector walks up and starts asking me about the house furnace. He wants to know if it works. I just said, "I think so..." and left. Um, he's the inspector, isn't he supposed to inspect??? NOT COOL. We have visible indications that he may not be thorough. Like it was a really short inspection for one -- when we were buying the inspector took at least 2 hours. There was only a tiny puff of insulation from the attic suggesting he just took a quick head peek and did not really go up there. There's indication that he maybe looked below the house briefly as there's a big scuff in our kitchen linoleum. Under sink bottles were just moved aside slightly. Eh, I don't know much about house inspecting, I just see potential it's not on the up and up when we hear a lot of Russian convo between him and the buyers -- kind of like they wanted to play dumb on language to hide things from the agent. Lots of "Da, da, da" so saying "Yes, yes, yes" about something. My conversational Russian skills from college are almost 20 years out of use.

Anyhow, if you made it through the rant, congrats. We'll see if BofA is willing to even approve their low ball offer. Who knows. We're just going day by day. But we are firmly decided that unless there is an order from the BK court somehow, these people will absolutely NOT be allowed in as long as we are still allowed to legally reside here. They got their inspection and additional in depth look, that's all they get until after closing.
      Last edited by Resigned2BK; 05-23-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

The ultimate would be if you find a very nice rental, move and then the house sits vacant. Since the Trustee has taken control (no abandonment and active MLS listing) it is my position that the Trustee, upon you leaving, will be responsible for all the upkeep so that the property remains in compliance with city code and is not vandalized. Oh, and if certain utilities such as water cannot be shut off upon moving, the accounts need to be switched to the Trustee.

Des.

Comment

des, that is such a wonderful idea.

just stick it to them. Resigned, i know it's difficult, but i would get out as soon as possible, although, i know you are trying and it's hard with animals and kids.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

"They move really fast!"
            Yeah - right! Now that's funny!

Not to hijack the thread, but we've been waiting over 3 years for them to take the our house. Calls to them are answered with "We'll get to it when we get to it." Actually, we just received a letter this week from their 3rd party collections arm (REDC) asking if we'd like to proceed with a DIL instead of foreclosure. If we do, we would be released from any obligation for the mortgage. Huh? Maybe they aren't aware that the discharge took car of that.

Anyway - @R2BK - I'm glad things are getting better on the apartment search. Sorry about the cats and other nonsense you're going through. Keep us posted.

As always - best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast09 View Post
              Yeah - right! Now that's funny!

Not to hijack the thread, but we've been waiting over 3 years for them to take the our house. Calls to them are answered with "We'll get to it when we get to it." Actually, we just received a letter this week from their 3rd party collections arm (REDC) asking if we'd like to proceed with a DIL instead of foreclosure. If we do, we would be released from any obligation for the mortgage. Huh? Maybe they aren't aware that the discharge took car of that.

Anyway - @R2BK - I'm glad things are getting better on the apartment search. Sorry about the cats and other nonsense you're going through. Keep us posted.

As always - best wishes.
              Thanks. Part of the irony is that yesterday afternoon before the inspection, we got a big envelope from BofA with an application for the HAFA short sale program of theirs. I know from the wording on the Motion to Lift Stay that BofA is allowed to pursue loan mods and everything else that THEY want to do. I just wonder if it would throw a delightful monkey wrench into this. *sigh*

Tobee, we're mostly waiting out to the end of June at minimum as eldest's school year doesn't finish for another 4 weeks. (The kids go really really late here.) If there was a chance at all of staying another school year, that would be nice for the youngest as it would be all day kindergarten. Everywhere we're looking, it's half day or pay extra for all day, but the district we're in decided to have mandatory all day K across the district starting this year. And given she never had preschool and these teachers love this sight word concept over phonics, I'd feel better about her chances of catching up and getting it if it was all day. But anyhoo. We're planning to do the app for apartment complex choice #1 in another week as more of a 15-30 day approval if the BK stuff passes muster with them. We're fine paying up more security deposit, providing stubs or tax return or whatever for proof of income, we just cannot do a thing about the case being open for this one asset of the house situation unless we decided to pay our crappy attorney about $5K to do the Motion to Compel Abandonment. $5K is about all we have in liquid resources at the moment, I'd rather keep that dough for other uses all the same.

Comment

i don't blame you at all, i would also, and try to get as much saved as possible.

i just HATE so much what they are putting you and yours through, i have no place to put it!!! i mean, this is one of the worse things i have ever heard anyone having to go through and i just feel so badly for you. i know you will make it through this, but i just hope that trustee is ready for their karma, i sure don't want to be around when it catches up to them.

Comment

Resigned,

Just for information - you can record ANYTHING you want in YOUR house. No need to notify the other party.....

Comment

I found this site not long ago and signed up. Live in Seattle and just filed ch 7 on the 15th of this month. Was wondering if you can share your TT name by pm or email? I'm starting to stress on our vehicles that they may want to take and our house being close to $125k equity allowed. We want to stay on our home and current in payments. Hope the TT doesn't try to pull a fast one.

Resigned2bk, so sorry of what your going through, know its stressful especially with kids involved.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyrn View Post
                      I found this site not long ago and signed up. Live in Seattle and just filed ch 7 on the 15th of this month. Was wondering if you can share your TT name by pm or email? I'm starting to stress on our vehicles that they may want to take and our house being close to $125k equity allowed. We want to stay on our home and current in payments. Hope the TT doesn't try to pull a fast one.

Resigned2bk, so sorry of what your going through, know its stressful especially with kids involved.
                      You are most likely ok as in our case, we had been behind awhile and our attorney had advised us to just surrender the house. The home grasping is a trend among most if not all of at least the trustees through the federal rules. If you went with WA exemptions to have more favorable home saving options, I doubt you'd have the same trustee. But if you are still curious, I included the guy's name in the first or 2nd page of the thread here which was reduced to initials per admin policy here at the forum. Editing capabilities are gone for us regular posters after a certain time has elapsed, so it's all there in the original format.

Comment

You are most likely ok as in our case, we had been behind awhile and our attorney had advised us to just surrender the house. The home grasping is a trend among most if not all of at least the trustees through the federal rules. If you went with WA exemptions to have more favorable home saving options, I doubt you'd have the same trustee. But if you are still curious, I included the guy's name in the first or 2nd page of the thread here which was reduced to initials per admin policy here at the forum. Editing capabilities are gone for us regular posters after a certain time has elapsed, so it's all there in the original format.
                        Thank you!
                        I couldn't find the initials of the TT, mine is MM any match? I've seen on the website about 5-7 ch7 TT listed.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyrn View Post
                          Thank you!
                          I couldn't find the initials of the TT, mine is MM any match? I've seen on the website about 5-7 ch7 TT listed.
                          Nope, not the same trustee. I just remembered I actually put the name on a thread Des had linked from this forum.

Comment

Update as of June 1:

We are still pending. Don't know how long it'll take BofA to approve or not approve.

I finally got a job that I'll start on Tuesday albeit a very low paying job. But it does get us more comfortably over the hump for income we needed to ensure that we can at least get approve for an apartment on those terms. We plan on doing more of a test approval at our #1 pick just to see if the BK will cause us trouble and so we can be free to move if BofA approves the low ball short sale offer and we're all out on our rears. I hate that I have to take work that has zero to do with anything else I've ever done and will be similar to feeling like cattle wedged together at the stockyard, but the upsides are not only the better chance at more comfortable rental accommodations but that I will also be able to get health and dental insurance for myself and my family once I get to the 90 day mark. Yay for that. The adults haven't been insured for just over 2 years now. And it has been a huge weight off my chest just to know that I could finally do something that will help us get past this stuff.

Comment

Good news on the job front even though it's not what you wanted but it's a start

Comment

thanks great news!!

by the way, is is possible to maybe get a co-signer from a family member on your apt lease??? then when it comes up for renewal you may then qualify alone?? i know no one ones to do that, but i know i would do it for my daughter or son (ok, many may NOT agree) but it's just want i would do for one of my kids if i could.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X