No announcement yet.

341 and we get this so-called "diligent" trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am happy for you, R2BK!! Good news about the insurance, too!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      thanks great news!!

by the way, is is possible to maybe get a co-signer from a family member on your apt lease??? then when it comes up for renewal you may then qualify alone?? i know no one ones to do that, but i know i would do it for my daughter or son (ok, many may NOT agree) but it's just want i would do for one of my kids if i could.
      Part of the problem with that is some of these places are requiring the cosigner to make either as much by himself or more than the income minimums we have to have as a family. Like the one we really want requires a cosigner to make 4 times rent (not happening when said cosigner is on Social Security retiree income) where it only requires 2x for us as the minimum. We think it's weird too, but it's right there in the contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
        I am happy for you, R2BK!! Good news about the insurance, too!
        I am rather relieved about it. I'm cautiously optimistic about the opportunity. If I get a year experience, there's quite a few job listings I've seen that would pay upwards of $4-5 more per hour for starters just because of the experience.

Comment

Update:

A month later and things are suddenly heating up considerably. Our lawyer emailed up yesterday with details of the Trustee submitting a Motion to Sell the property submitted for the BK court towards the end of this month. We asked for some clarifying details, got the actual documentation from him and BofA really did approve the lowball offer. In fact, supposedly anything above $131K was going to be approved and the price before $20K carve out was $150K. GRRRR. So, we are going to be applying for apartments after the 4th. Hopefully we only have to apply to one place and save on app fees not to mention the stress of being concerned about who will accept us if we don't get approved based on our open case. Our lawyer told us we might be able to wrangle a cash for keys option. Seems to think the Trustee might cough that up out of his carve out although for some reason we're told to ask the listing agent about that. I sure hope we can get cash for keys. I also hope we can at least have through the first week or two of August because this will physically kill us trying to move if we only have 2 or 3 days to do that total due to when we might be allowed to take over an apartment.

I need to find that link to the real estate forum from Seattle last summer that mentioned a lot about timelines. I don't need anyone to find it for me, it's just a matter of hunting in this thread or one linked to it, I'm just brainstorming out loud. This has been a truly awful year. My mom died on June 12 and I had 2 weeks consumed with making travel plans, traveling out to the Midwest to attend the funeral, and traveling back. Thankfully this crap didn't go down in the middle of the two weeks. The one silver lining is at least we can finally get the case closed, we won't have a foreclosure either in our records, so we can start our financial lives over again fresh without existing debt looming. That'll be a blessing, but it's still a completely awful year so far.

Comment

I think a dangerous slope has been created by allowing Trustees to get into the "real estate" agent business.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ARGH!!! It's a very similar timeline to ours. Judge hearing scheduled for the 25th, same Friday as ours (27th). Judge ends up scooting the date to the 15th in that case. WTF! Then this buyer has keys in hand on the 28th? Not even August???????

I am a very distressed camper right now. We NEED the ability to move in a few days past August just in case the apartment complex we go to won't turn over keys until the 1st!!!

Also, notice how in the real estate forum thread, they are paying $210 with a $15K carve out? So what in the heck is up with having a $20K carve out on a place that's only going for $150K??? Something is very very wrong in Denmark here.

Comment

I have no words of wisdom for you wish I did. I just wanted to let you know I'm so sorry for the lost of your mom and all the crap your going though. Here is hoping that the next bend in the road will be so much better for your family.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Resigned2BK View Post
                  ARGH!!! It's a very similar timeline to ours. Judge hearing scheduled for the 25th, same Friday as ours (27th). Judge ends up scooting the date to the 15th in that case. WTF! Then this buyer has keys in hand on the 28th? Not even August???????

I am a very distressed camper right now. We NEED the ability to move in a few days past August just in case the apartment complex we go to won't turn over keys until the 1st!!!

Also, notice how in the real estate forum thread, they are paying $210 with a $15K carve out? So what in the heck is up with having a $20K carve out on a place that's only going for $150K??? Something is very very wrong in Denmark here.
                  I am so sorry.

Do remember the house in the above scenario was EMPTY.

Hopefully, you will get a decent amount of both notice to move and cash for keys.
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                    I am so sorry.

Do remember the house in the above scenario was EMPTY.

Hopefully, you will get a decent amount of both notice to move and cash for keys.
                    I hope so. Yeah, I noticed that situation is that the house is empty and maybe the owners just wanted it expedited. I sure hope that's why it was pushed up by that judge 10 days faster.

Comment

Holy cow! This is just ridiculous. I'm sorry for your recent loss and all this extra nonsense.

I'm stunned that BofA actually approved a short sale and somebody is paying the 20k carve-out fee. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this - we can't wait to get rid of our old place so they drag their heels and say they'll get around to it eventually (3 1/2 years now), but you'd like to stay a bit longer so they naturally move quickly.

We'll cross our fingers that you get a little extra time and encounter no more problems in your rental process.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast09 View Post
                        I'm stunned that BofA actually approved a short sale. . .
                        It ain't over till the fat lady sings. I'll believe it when the "deal" closes - if it closes.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                          It ain't over till the fat lady sings. I'll believe it when the "deal" closes - if it closes.

Des.
                          Well, it's over for us. We have to just go ahead and work towards moving out because we have to be able to get things packed and physically moved out. That takes more than a couple days notice for a typical single family house. Upside is we decided based on looking at storage locker fees that we might as well get either a 3 or 4 bedroom someplace. If there's a way to have everything we want to keep (we both have hobbies and the ) all within our living space instead of scattered across a couple of storage units off site and maybe a couple inlaw houses. Thank heavens I finally started a full time job last month -- even though it's really bottom basement pay. It's marginally better pay than McDonalds. It's so fun almost being 40 and feeling like I'm a teenager with my earning power.

Comment

Originally posted by Resigned2BK View Post
                            Well, it's over for us. We have to just go ahead and work towards moving out. . .
                            Absolutely. Time to close one door and open another. “Life” happens for a reason and what happens in the past and present makes us stronger to deal with what will happen in the future.

Des.

PS: My condolences on your loss.

Comment

I too, am sorry for your loss, especially at this time with all the other stuff going on.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Gah! R2BK I also meant to offer you condolences on the loss of your mother. My apologies for my lack of manners.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X