top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 2nd - Chapter 13 case now DISCHARGED!!!!!!!! (and Thanks!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2nd - Chapter 13 case now DISCHARGED!!!!!!!! (and Thanks!)

Hi everyone...I'm so excited and crying at the same time. I just checked Pacer and our case did update to DISCHARGED today (just after midnight). I'm in shock and so totally happy. We paid off a lot of debt, and will never let that happen again. Our new life is now focused on preparing for the future which we're already doing Haven't lived with the plan payment for 4 years (even longer since it use to go to credit card debt) so its very easy to redirect the money to retirement, HSA, etc

THANK YOU so much to DES, JUSTBROKE and LADY IN THE RED.. The 3 of you have always been so helpful and there's times I would've melted down without your words of support and information. Your willingness to help people on this site is incredibly appreciated and you are the best!

Thanks to others who have been here during the same time, DMC, Spidge to name a couple who really made It easier by sharing information and helping me know that we're not alone on this journey.

And one more note..to Out4good...TAG, You're I!!!!!!! We've been following each other for the last week. I'm waiting for your post now!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Awesome Blossom! U R FREE!!!! Go forth and have a great retirement!!!
    huge virtual hugs!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

That's awesome news Sophie. Words can't describe how happy I am for you.

I hope to follow up soon with a Discharge post of my own.
      Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Congratulations sophieanne!!!!!

Comment

Thanks, DMC (you're getting super close), Out4Good (very soon - we've been side by side for the last few days), Bobcat (it will be here real soon!!!)

I'm actually ready to sleep the rest of today away! The excitement has worn me out.
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats Sophieanne, I am so happy for you. It sounds like you have finished in a good position.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Hi Spidge and thank you. Our case was pretty easy (lots of unsecured debt) so it went very smooth. I'm going to frame the discharge order and put it on the wall of my home office so I never forget

I hope you're doing well these days.

Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• spidge
                spidge commented
                Editing a comment
                Too funny. Anything we received that reflected we were closer to the last final discharge and lien strip completion was taped on our desk above the computer. I didn't think of framing it, but I like the idea. Not for the main living spaces but for a space we frequent as a classy or tasteful reminder.

We are struggling a bit as my overtime went away and income has dropped more than a grand a month. That is what I have been planning for anyway, but was not ready just yet. We made up two weeks on the mortgage but then the wife's car took a dump and we are back to paying at the end of the month. Frustrating, but not the end of the world. We discussed a credit card for such problems but we both fear that it would be to easy to pull it out rather than sacrifice a couple dinners out or something similar.

We are focused on need rather than want and it helps, but requires patients and restraint. We will obtain one goal at a time and celebrate every one of them.

Good luck and cheers,
                JP

Yay!!!! Congratulations, sophieanne!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LadyInTheRed (I had to try this new way of responding that I've seen you using!!).

I want to thank you again for all your help and support. I've enjoyed sharing our mutual mortgage information (our same ARM terms and rates )
                Have you started looking into possibly refinancing, or are you going to wait out the two years (which you must be getting close to).

Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne I decided to wait until my BK is off my record. My FICO scores are all in the 660s and I'd rather be above 700 before I refi and definitely not lower than 670. I also may decided to sell my house and buy a slightly larger one instead of refiing. We'll see how my equity looks in May when the BK is gone.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

• sophieanne
                    sophieanne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Lady,
                    If it's not one, we're waiting for another . oood luck with the direction you take in May..it'll be here before you know it

Wow my fico is 720! Weird huh? Good luck with the house hunting! I am arready stalkinng zillow! 🌺
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats sophieanne and best of luck on your debt-free life!

Comment

• sophieanne
                      sophieanne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Switch. So far so good!!!! I hope you're doing well.

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                    Wow my fico is 720! Weird huh? Good luck with the house hunting! I am arready stalkinng zillow! 🌺
                    Hey, no fair!

I was actually a little off. My Experian Fico is 661 and Transunion is 683. My CreditKarma VantageScores are much higher. I have a new credit card that will soon be giving me my Equifax Fico. The reason stated for my low Fico scores, besides the public record, is not enough accounts showing current payments. I now have 3 credit cards, plus my husband's that is on my report. We have only been using only 1 or 2 in any one month. I'm going to start using each one at least once a month. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X