top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation Hearing's..what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing's..what does this mean?

I just went to my Trustee's website in Lisle, IL and went to his "Confirmation Call's" link, (now remebering that my confirmation hearing is today 11-4-16 at 10:00am) clicked on that link and read in two lines: Motion Compensation WITH Notice of Motion Granted w/o a hearing FEE APP (second row/line above) Confirmation hearing Recommended .

I hope this means that the Trustee accepted my Chapter 13 payment plan. Has anyone else seen this before? Thank you in advance.

I'm just guessing, but it looks like your attorney filed an application for approval of his/her fees. That is required in some courts. The application was approved without the need for the hearing. I think that is separate form the second line which appears to indicate that the trustee recommended your plan be confirmed. Hopefully, you have heard the news from your attorney by now.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      I'm just guessing, but it looks like your attorney filed an application for approval of his/her fees. That is required in some courts. The application was approved without the need for the hearing. I think that is separate form the second line which appears to indicate that the trustee recommended your plan be confirmed. Hopefully, you have heard the news from your attorney by now.
      Thank you LadyInTheRed as always. I don't know why but I was thinking that the payment plan only needs the Trustee's approval and then it is written in stone. That is why I see "recommended" which, I guess, means the only one left for approval would be the Judge? Have not heard anything from my Attorney...its like pulling teeth. Now I sit back and wait for days, weeks, and who knows months before I find out if my plan is confirmed are not. This is a slow process to learn and I am hanging in there thanks to you and the rest of these nice people. Thanks.

Comment

lukesky - Hi. This is where pacer can be helpful to you without abusing it. LOOK only at the main page when you logon and see if the Date of last filing haa changed. If it has go to the
        Documents link and select the date of the change (ex. from 11/3/16 to 11/3/16). Once the order has been filed you will be able to see it. In my case, the trustee entered a document recommending confirmation (09/26/12). The next day the judge entered the approved confirmation (09/27/12). Do not click on ANYTHING except the thins I mentioned in this note. Not trying to be bossy or rude, just trying to save you money. Your only interest should be what changed (for watching for the confirmation). Hope this helps you. Happy Saturday!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Excellent advice sophianne!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
            lukesky - Hi. This is where pacer can be helpful to you without abusing it. LOOK only at the main page when you logon and see if the Date of last filing haa changed. If it has go to the
            Documents link and select the date of the change (ex. from 11/3/16 to 11/3/16). Once the order has been filed you will be able to see it. In my case, the trustee entered a document recommending confirmation (09/26/12). The next day the judge entered the approved confirmation (09/27/12). Do not click on ANYTHING except the thins I mentioned in this note. Not trying to be bossy or rude, just trying to save you money. Your only interest should be what changed (for watching for the confirmation). Hope this helps you. Happy Saturday!
            OMG sophieanne!!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate this...very kind. I will check again on Monday, so far nothing. I will check Pacer the way you advised and again thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X