No announcement yet.

Has your payment ever changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I surrendered a truck upon filing. My original proposed was 1100 in a 100%, confirmation made it$1650. For everyone that didn't file a claim, Ecast settlement bought it (I will always believe the lawyers/trustees tip them off to buy it up). At my half way audit, they hadn't accounted for the gap between the amount owed on the truck after it was auctioned, so my payment went up to $2251 for the final 2 years of the plan. So, yes, your plan can change in a 100% after confirmation. 8 months to go!

Comment

We are 3 yrs into our 5 yr plan and no changes. Our income has risen significantly, (35% higher than when we initially filed) but our trustee has not made motion to increase payment (knock on wood). We are not in a 100% plan. From what I have read on another post, our trustee has made no changes in ANY of the cases filed in our specific district location . We send in our tax returns as required and are able to keep any amount under $1,500. Our plan is quite livable and all is good. If we can stay under the radar for one more tax year, any increase would be on the tail end and wouldn't hurt too bad.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by toojerm View Post
        Ecast settlement bought it (I will always believe the lawyers/trustees tip them off to buy it up).
        That's pure paranoia. Do you really think Ecast is going to pay attorneys and trustees to give them lists of debts involved in bankruptcy when it is all public record they can access themselves? They certainly aren't going to pay enough to make it worth the attorneys' and trustees' time. The debt market doesn't work that way.

Ecast doesn't go to a credit card company and say "we see that toojerm filed BK and owed you $10,000 and we want to buy that debt". Credit card companies bundle up accounts they don't want to try to collect anymore and sell them in large lots to companies like Ecast or brokers.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

They weren't in collections. I filed with no delinquencies, current on everything. 100% plan. Ecast will make a killing. I see where some have no claims filed. Why wouldn't Ecast get them all? It was all too neat. What, because lawyers and public officials are involved, there's no scheme? This whole thing is a constant screw job if you strive to improve your situation in a ch13. Standpat, with your high interest home loan, they're good with that, want to refinance to lower the rate and the note to ease the burden of making good on all of your debt, nope, you need everyone's permission, and they are in no hurry to give it to you. Find a better job 2000 miles away, sure go, but you can't sell your house. Well, you can, but the process is so weird, no buyer will wait around for it. My kid will major in whatever degree he needs to be a CH13 trustee. Getting rich paying bills for people with their own money, plus whatever they get from Ecast

Comment

I must say in a certain way, I agree with you; I've been in this situation for 5 years, and I've heard several times on the phone that "oh, that's your lawyer, we like working with him; We know him very well", and guess what folks, I'm not referring to the Trustee's Office, or the court house; I'm referring to some other office that I'm not going to discuss right now, and yes it does involve the collection of money; I'm with ya TooJerm; Have a nice evening all;

I would like to say this; I only wish I would of found out about this website 5 years ago; It's helped me realize that I'm not alone, and not to quit, and it's helped me get by sometimes when I'm reading the posts from everyone, ecouraging everyone to keep going; There is an end to all of this everyone;

Comment

I am 2-1/2 years into my 5 year plan. My payment has never changed. My proposed payment didn't change before confirmation either. My TT did object to my bonuses not being paid into the plan, but the judge confirmed it as is, so I get to keep them. I don't have to submit tax returns either, or my tax refunds. I just make my payments every month and try to stay under the radar.
              Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
              341 meeting - 4/2010
              Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

I'm in CA too and did not have any objections to my original proposal. Confirmed as is. Don't have to submit tax returns. Very easy, relatively quick process. I think our trustee is so swamped unless something looks fishy they just go with it. We are in a 5 year plan, payback is only 0.3%. 1 year down! Good luck to the original poster - it was MUCH easier than I was anticipating.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                  When it is known event, the trustees usually catch it during the confirmation process. The more common scenario is when a debtor only has 2 or 3 years left on their car payment and are headed into a 5 year plan
                  That's exactly what happened to me. A few months into my 13 I payed off my 401k loan then my plan payment increased the exact amount of the loan payment. In about 4 months when I pay off my car my 13 payment will increase again to the exact payment of the auto loan. I'll never feel it Hugh which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by berkeleygl View Post
                    I'm in CA too and did not have any objections to my original proposal. Confirmed as is. Don't have to submit tax returns. Very easy, relatively quick process. I think our trustee is so swamped unless something looks fishy they just go with it. We are in a 5 year plan, payback is only 0.3%. 1 year down! Good luck to the original poster - it was MUCH easier than I was anticipating.
                    Nice mine is 0.56% plus tax returns!

Comment

So then i should expect a 250.00 increase cause that is what i pay for childcare and that will stop next year. At least they will think so but i will always have to pay for something to keep me girl off the street! What should I do?
                      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

My chap. 13 was confirmed 2 months ago and I'm now into my 4th payment. I have not received any documents from my attorney, the BK court or trustee stipulating wether I have to submit tax returns every year or not. Is this something that's written on the case report which I will get 6 months after filing?

Comment

Hi LLGuy,
                          I would ask your attorney to provide you with a copy of your confirmation order. You should also be able to view it on Pacer if you want to. Our attorney sent it to us 1 week after the pan was confirmed. That order explained things like incurring no further debt without the trustee or court's approval, reporting receipt of additional income and telling us that we shall timely file tax returns during the plan. We have to file our tax returns but there is nothing that requires us to provide the trustee with a copy (unless he were to request it).
                          I would for sure ask for a copy of your confirmation order for your records.
                          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Some people are so lucky not having to hand over taxes and report income. I am going to have to do both.
                            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Hi Sophieanne,

Thanks for the reply. I did receive a copy of the "Order Confirming Plan" from the the BK court which was 2 pages but there was no mention of tax returns or reporting income. I can't get access to Pacer since I currently don't have a CC. So would this automatically mean I'm not obligated to give the trustee a copy?

Comment

Hi LLGuy,
                                If you have a copy of the order, you don't need to access Pacer.
                                In your case, I would contact your attorney to see what he says about the tax returns. I don't want to give you advice - especially if I was wrong.
                                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X