Discharge 2017 club .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
    ... in 9 months it will be 2016 and that will be so cool!!!!!!
    That is the attitude that will get you to the end without going crazy!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Lady are you done now??? I know you are so close!!! You have to keep coming back though!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I'd like to post some info. We filed our 13 in sept 2014. Paid first payment right away as directed by our lawyer. Also paid for oct and nov and we were finally confirmed in december 2014. So from what I understand, this thing didnt start until 12/14. So we paid three free months into this thing and are not going to get any time credit for it??????? WTF! So we have been paying for 6 months, but only are 3 months in. What a let-down. So frustrating. Plus we only have one car left that they are cramming the payment on, and it will be paid off by 12/17 when the plan is over. But the car is junk and no way going to last to the end. And currently our credit is way down from all the negative activity and no loan place will touch us right now without a year of plan payments behind us. This just straight sucks. only 33 months to go. ;(

Comment

Lady are you done now??? I know you are so close!!! You have to keep coming back though!
          Sooooooo close! I make my last payment on tax day. I don't plan on going anywhere!

Originally posted by BriOS View Post
          I'd like to post some info. We filed our 13 in sept 2014. Paid first payment right away as directed by our lawyer. Also paid for oct and nov and we were finally confirmed in december 2014. So from what I understand, this thing didnt start until 12/14. So we paid three free months into this thing and are not going to get any time credit for it??????? WTF! So we have been paying for 6 months, but only are 3 months in. What a let-down. So frustrating. Plus we only have one car left that they are cramming the payment on, and it will be paid off by 12/17 when the plan is over. But the car is junk and no way going to last to the end. And currently our credit is way down from all the negative activity and no loan place will touch us right now without a year of plan payments behind us. This just straight sucks. only 33 months to go. ;(
          I beilieve you are in the same district as Missouri, which is the only distrit I am aware of where your plan committment period begins at confirmation. Yes, it is unfair. In my non-lawyer opinion, it is contrary to the clear language of the Bankruptcy Code. I wish somebody would oppose the practice. Be glad that your plan was confirmed relatively quickly. Some take a lot longer.

Just take it one day at a time. Spend as little as you possibly can and save what you don't spend so that you can pay for repairs needed to keep that car going.

Welcome to bkforum!
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR, you are done in April and I am half way!!! I never thought I would get this far. It has been more mentally difficult than anything, but now after my 30th payment on weds I can start a count down 30...29...28.... Oh to be in the teens!!!!

That should be mentally easier than the count up to half way! ;-).

I bet you are ecstatic!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              Sooooooo close! I make my last payment on tax day. I don't plan on going anywhere!

I beilieve you are in the same district as Missouri, which is the only distrit I am aware of where your plan committment period begins at confirmation. Yes, it is unfair. In my non-lawyer opinion, it is contrary to the clear language of the Bankruptcy Code. I wish somebody would oppose the practice. Be glad that your plan was confirmed relatively quickly. Some take a lot longer.

Just take it one day at a time. Spend as little as you possibly can and save what you don't spend so that you can pay for repairs needed to keep that car going.

Welcome to bkforum!
              No we are in IL. My attorney said its not about the time that goes by, its about the number of payments. So yes our first couple will count towards the 36 payments we are required to make. That means that we will be done in Sept 17 paying, but will have to wait until 12/17 until it can be closed out.

Comment

Originally posted by BriOS View Post
                No we are in IL. My attorney said its not about the time that goes by, its about the number of payments. So yes our first couple will count towards the 36 payments we are required to make. That means that we will be done in Sept 17 paying, but will have to wait until 12/17 until it can be closed out.
                I should have said circuit, not district. I was thinking that IL might be in the same circuit as MI. I just looked up the circuit map and see that it is not. I think OH is the other state where people have reported their plan period starting a confirmation. It is in the same circuit as MI, the 6th circuit, along with KY and TN. You are in the 7th circuit with IN and WI.

Glad your 36 month plan really is a 36 month plan.

Comment

How's everyone doing? In October it will be 3 years in for me. It's been really tough but hey, that's life. I lost my mom last week, health still not good but at least I am insured, car is falling apart, did not get promotion at work. They can smell desperation and I must reek! Lots of stuff needs attn in condo, kid just turned 16 and talking about a car! At least she has a summer job lined up! Furniture falling apart, etc. Most people can say at least they got their health, gulp.

But October is right around the corner and if I can just hold it together, then just 24 months.

How is everyone?

Comment

Hi DMC,

I am so very sorry about your mom. I know you were very close so she will always be with you. You need to take a deep breath and do your best to relax...you are definately being challenged, but from everyting I've read, you are a fighter/survivor and I know you're going to get through this. Remmber one day at a time, that's all any of us can focus on. Sending a big cyber hug to you.
                    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

DMC. sorry for your loss. Your mom is at peace now. Hang in there you've done great. Start to visualize the future. Before you know it, it will be here..
                      Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

Thank you both! I have got to wrap my head around all the stuff that happens. I tell ya I think this bk stuff is for the younger set! I am not ancient but I sure feel it these days! ;-)

Comment

28 more payments!!!! It feels like forever!!!!

Comment

28 more payments!!!! It feels like forever!!!!

Time goes much slower when one is so very close. I am down to 6 payments and am trying so hard to stay relaxed. I small part of me worries what could go awry, but I just keep reminding myself to stay the course.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Spidge, I hope that the last 10 payments will make it easy because it's the home stretch!!! I figure by then you have made it!! So congrats early!

Comment

13 payments to go.
                                Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X