top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a 100 percent payback plan..am I allowed to take a part time job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a 100 percent payback plan..am I allowed to take a part time job?

Hi everyone,
    I have a quick question. I'm in chapter 13 in a 100% payback plan. I've been offered a part time job (in addition to the full time job I work)..am I allowed to take the job? Do I have to report this to my attorney. I'm already paying back 100%, over 5 years, will i have to pay more???

Thanks for any info that can be provided.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Congratulations on the job offer.

I don't really know the answer to your question, but since you are already in a 100% plan, and the PT job probably isn't going to make a significant change in your situation, I would say no, don't report it.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Anytime there is a change in your financial circumstances, you should let your attorney know. It probably won't make any difference at all to your 100% plan. But, you should still contact your attorney to make sure you don't have to let the trustee or court know about your increase in income.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you both.
        I actually just sent my attorney a note and he quickly responded that as long as I'm in the 100% plan I wouldn't have to report the increase in earnings or have an increase in payment. That's a reiief. Again thank you both for your notes; I really appreciate it!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Typically a person in a 100% Chapter 13 does not need to do much reporting of additional income. Contacting your attorney is always the most prudent, just to make sure! I see that you have already done so!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X