Credit Card Included in Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Included in Chapter 13

Recently I received in the mail a renewal of a credit card that was included in our Chapter 13.

Information says to activate the new card????? We are close to the end--7 months to go.

Why would they send us a new card on one that has been closed--Number is the same!!!!

Maybe the account is "not" closed. It is quite possible that this account remained open because it had no balance at the time of filing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm in a chapter 13 until the beginning of 2017. I pulled my credit report, just out of curiosity and all my credit cards except 1 were marked as Included in Bankruptcy. One of the cards (which had a large balance) says inc;uded in bankrupty but will be reopened 2017. Now that one surprised me. I'm sure it was some kind of mistake.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Account had a $25000 balance which was included in the chapter 13 and they are only getting pennies on the dollar--Credit report says closed and included in Bankruptcy--I am confused

Comment

Then it must be a mistake.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I hope you are not considering taking them up on their offer so close to your discharge. Maybe they are attempting to set you up so they can object to your discharge, you are too close don't trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by magic13 View Post
              I hope you are not considering taking them up on their offer so close to your discharge. Maybe they are attempting to set you up so they can object to your discharge, you are too close don't trust it.
              Activating a card will not jeopardize the discharge. If the debtor is not allowed to incur debt while in Chap 13, then using the card could be a problem.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Not going to activate until after discharge--Just thought it was strange!!!! thanks for your input

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X