top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing of the Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Course (the second one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing of the Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Course (the second one)

I may have messed up the timing of my second course. I filed on 5/31, completed the second course on 6/28 and filed it 7/1. My 341 meeting was on 7/22. Depending upon what I have read, I may be OK with this or I might have to re-do/file again.
    Was I supposed to wait until after the 341 meeting to complete this and file it? Or was I OK in doing it after filing, yet before my meeting?

Hi, I'm sue one of the moderators will respond but my understanding was the 2nd course was to completed after the plan was approved/in place.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Sorry, I should have said I'm Chapter 7, no assets.

Comment

The bankruptcy code, 11 USC 727, simply reads "after filing the petition, the debtor failed to complete an instructional course concerning personal financial management". I would not read much more into that!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Then I'm going to let it be

Comment

Originally posted by kberly69 View Post
            I may have messed up the timing of my second course. I filed on 5/31, completed the second course on 6/28 and filed it 7/1. My 341 meeting was on 7/22. Depending upon what I have read, I may be OK with this or I might have to re-do/file again.
            Was I supposed to wait until after the 341 meeting to complete this and file it? Or was I OK in doing it after filing, yet before my meeting?
            Just make sure you completed the Form B23 (I think it is) which is the certificate of completion.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, thank you. I did and I see it listed as "filed" on PACER. I really appreciate all your help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X