No announcement yet.

Chase Calls afte Four Years??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know NJ is still under foreclosure lockdown, so it could be Chase, an agent for Chase, or a scammer. They're happy to put their own 'force place' insurance on the property, means they make more money when it someday is sold. But again AFAIK NJ is not doing nothing with foreclosures yet.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

cat, good to know. i really don't think they will be calling again any time soon. interesting about the "force place" insurance? is there a reason they are still doing nothing? i know here in florida they just passed something to get them moving along.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
        As far as I know NJ is still under foreclosure lockdown, so it could be Chase, an agent for Chase, or a scammer. They're happy to put their own 'force place' insurance on the property, means they make more money when it someday is sold. But again AFAIK NJ is not doing nothing with foreclosures yet.
        Cat, could you please clarify what that means? thanks

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

All I can really say is, there was a foreclosure moratorium last year that was widely in the news; there are 2 houses in my neighborhood being foreclosed upon, one is just 2 doors down from me, but there has been no progress in either case since 2011 (neither homeowner is contesting the foreclosure, both houses are abandoned, both loans involve MERS and Weichert Financial); and I get the Star Ledger newspaper delivered Sundays and Thursdays and at times in the past there has been pages devoted to foreclosures but lately nothing. So for whatever reason, maybe because the banks are waiting for the state AG's to settle with them on robosigning, nothing seems to be going forward. Wish I had more definitive information, but that is my boots on the ground observation.

Another thought is that in NJ, property tax appeal season runs until April 1st (you have to file by then); they (the powers that be) may want to avoid upsetting people about the decreasing value of their properties until after the deadline has passed. (this is a pretty far out thought, but hey, you never know).
          Last edited by catleg; 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

good info cat. i know i checked the county sheriff's site in the county which our old property is and there have been what seemingly look like a few that went to sheriff's sale, but we aren't even listed on the list....after over 4 years.

thinking now, after the recent threads dealing with deficiencies and their issue for those states that are applicable, just as nj, i know at least chase would not be after me for that as we filed prior to foreclosure and listed the house and the bk was discharged and closed, so chase is SOL. then, one would ask, why in the world would they contact someone knowing that the home has be vacate for over 4 years to ask them what are their plans and has their situation changed??? why would they even care. frankly, as flamingo said, it may have been a fishing call, even so, they had our names and current phone number...after all, we are not hiding (anymore LOL).

i just know the next time i better leave a prepared scrip be the phone so i am ready for them.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Washington Mutual foreclosed on home June 2009 I have not heard a word from them. I moved out in late 08. I did get a credit notice bill from the city garbadge collection in early 09 that I was responsible for monthly bills due to house being in my name although I did not live there. I went to city and made payments for a few months and one month I walked in to pay and the clerk said all has been cleared that I did not have to pay anymore. I assume that is because the house was sold at sheriffs auction and new tenants resume responsibility? Since the house was sold and I have not heard anything from mortage company as of today , am I clear from them for any monatery backlash?

Comment

Originally posted by hwilli View Post
                Washington Mutual foreclosed on home June 2009 I have not heard a word from them. I moved out in late 08. I did get a credit notice bill from the city garbadge collection in early 09 that I was responsible for monthly bills due to house being in my name although I did not live there. I went to city and made payments for a few months and one month I walked in to pay and the clerk said all has been cleared that I did not have to pay anymore. I assume that is because the house was sold at sheriffs auction and new tenants resume responsibility? Since the house was sold and I have not heard anything from mortage company as of today , am I clear from them for any monatery backlash?
                well, if the house sold it would the new owners not really "tenants"...and that's GREAT news for you since now the deed has transferred ownership!

if listed the mortgage amount on your bankruptcy and it was discharged with the amount on it you should be in the clear with exception of HOA fees and costs which are usually never discharged. however, i'm also a bit surprised about the town, i would have sent them a copy of the bk discharge showing them the house was included. however, i'm not certain exactly how that would have been handled as the house is still or was technically still in your name. other than that, i would think you are done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  Sounds fraudulent to me - be careful as someone has your phone number and is looking for information. Did you ask to verify who he was and get a return phone number to call Chase to verify the call? Always do that when something like this occurs.
                  This is what went through my mind when I read this.

It sounds like they were phishing for information.

I would be very careful about giving them any information over the phone.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                    This is what went through my mind when I read this.

It sounds like they were phishing for information.

I would be very careful about giving them any information over the phone.
                    exactly, like why in the world would he ask for my phone number when he just called. OR...the address of the property in question. although we have a non listed number and he knew our names, not that it's so difficult to get an unlisted number nowadays.

so far i haven't heard back from them. i will not be holding my breath

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X