No announcement yet.

Audit please write me someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k thanks.... I hope I hold up....hell....I will after all this!!! What else could happen...huh???
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

One more question Justbroke......are they connected with the irs???? Do they report you to them if they want???? I will stop for the night after this.
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
        One more question Justbroke......are they connected with the irs???? Do they report you to them if they want???? I will stop for the night after this.
        So, how much sleep have you gotten lately? Just wondering.

No, this is not connected to the IRS and has absolutely nothing to do with an IRS Audit. This is an Audit as mandated by Congress as part of the BAPCPA of 2005.

As the U.S. Trustee puts it...
        the audit is not the same as a tax audit or financial audit conducted in accordance with “generally accepted auditing standards,”
        Since you won't go to sleep... here's something you can read on the U.S. Trustee's Bankruptcy Audit Program...

(Note: that it does talk about "penalties" for false statements if you don't have a good explanation. Again, I would not worry since you gave all your honest answers to your Attorney. This is not an IRS audit. They are not looking to get you. They are just performing a random sampling to ensure the integrity of the entire Bankruptcy Program.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I will go now and try to relax.I read that...kind of scary a little......Thank you
          filed June 12,09
          341 July 20,09

Comment

The audit is indeed random.

So long as you have been fully honest in your petition you have nothing to worry about, just gather the required paperwork and get it to them. (Make a copy of it before you send it just in case).
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

On this letter it says Yours truly, xxxxx Assistant United States Trustee. Then in the bottem left corner it has the firm that is doing the audit and the guys name, then Chapter 7 case trustee after it. So do you think this is random???Or is this my trustee???
              filed June 12,09
              341 July 20,09

Comment

I know I'm asking too many ?? and I'm sorry but this has me scared. The note on the back page says: The audit involves the verification of the income, expenses and assets reported by you in the BK schedules and statements. You are required to provide additional info and records and cooperate with the audit firm and provide info promptly. So...with that said...it's still ramdom??? Why do you think, Justbroke that the tt would become interested???
                filed June 12,09
                341 July 20,09

Comment

On this letter it says Yours truly, xxxxx Assistant United States Trustee. Then in the bottem left corner it has the firm that is doing the audit and the guys name, then Chapter 7 case trustee after it. So do you think this is random???Or is this my trustee???
                  This is random. If you're sending stuff to a "firm" that's doing the Audit, then it's random. This is the random audit.

You would not have received a letter like that if it was the U.S. Trustee himself.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know I'm asking too many ?? and I'm sorry but this has me scared. The note on the back page says: The audit involves the verification of the income, expenses and assets reported by you in the BK schedules and statements. You are required to provide additional info and records and cooperate with the audit firm and provide info promptly. So...with that said...it's still ramdom???
                    Yup, that's the language for the outside (3rd party) audit. It is totally random.

Why do you think, Justbroke that the tt would become interested???
                    The Trustee could become interested in your case if you're over-the-median income and/or are discharging more than $100K in unsecured debt.

Comment

No...I'm not over. I have 30k cc, condo 77000.00, car 10,000.00 and some medical maybe 4000.00. When I filed my income was 32000.00 and some a year, Now I lost my job and its way down now. I told my Lawyer that I lost my job and my income is way down now. I'm living off the alimony 1200.00 a month and retirement 447.00 once a month = 1647.00 a month...he said it don't matter and he did not need to change anything. He said they will that I have no employer on this other paper work I filled out yesterday. Does that sound right for him to say that???
                      filed June 12,09
                      341 July 20,09

Comment

I mean they will see I have no employer on my other papers I filled out.
                        filed June 12,09
                        341 July 20,09

Comment

My aunt filed BK over a year ago do to involvement (cosignor on accounts) with her daughter's failed business.

She was one of the 'lucky' random audit winners. She just supplied everything they asked for and never heard about the issue again.

Her attorney told her to not even worry about it.

As long as she fit into the parameters of the BK code, under median, mostly consumer debt, no large luxury purchases right before bk, she would be fine.

And she was. Happily discharged now for over a year.
                          Basically it just came down to her having to send in more crap (paperwork) and digging the stuff out of her files, which can be a pain in the butt, but as long as you comply, everything will be fine.

good luck and don't worry, if you are low income and in debt, you are the perfect candidate for BK.

Comment

Thanks.....I just keep fretting about things...I feel kind of dumb too. I know this has nothing to do with this thread....but I have not even got my letter yet about my filing with the court date yet. I filed June 12th. My lawyer gave me my case # and ct date. Ct date is July 20th
                            filed June 12,09
                            341 July 20,09

Comment

Thanks.....I just keep fretting about things...I feel kind of dumb too. I know this has nothing to do with this thread....but I have not even got my letter yet about my filing with the court date yet. I filed June 12th. My lawyer gave me my case # and ct date. Ct date is July 20th
                              It will probably come in the next day or two.

Comment

He said they will that I have no employer on this other paper work I filled out yesterday. Does that sound right for him to say that???
                                Yes, you have no issues. You represent the debtor that Congress wanted to have a Chapter 7 available to. I see no issues at all, (prior) income or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X