No announcement yet.

Audit please write me someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You say what you lawyer instructs you. He may actually file an amendment before the meeting, and they'll all be correct. So, it depends.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Lawyer has not cld yet......so you don't think this is a dumb question to be asking him? What about my retirement going up 22.00 too? I bet he will think I'm dumb...oh well...I kind of am to a point in all this BK stuff.....
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09
      deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

Hi. I just found this post and I have a question about it.....the large amount of money she received was in 2007 if I read correctly...this is 2009 ....how far do they go back? I thought only one year?

Comment

Originally posted by MakinMeCrazy View Post
          Hi. I just found this post and I have a question about it.....the large amount of money she received was in 2007 if I read correctly...this is 2009 ....how far do they go back? I thought only one year?
          You may be confusing multiple things so I don't understand the reference. When you file, "cash on hand", is what the Trustee is interested in. So, if you received $14K, 2 years ago, and haven't spent it... the Trustee will try to take it (unless there's an exemption to cover it).

As far as your one-year statement, I think you're thinking of the insider preference issue. It doesn't apply here.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
            Justbroke... I have been working on this all evening. He did say it was a random thing. The paper he gave me says at the top US Dept of Justice. The company is out of Louisville Kentucky...I thought it was TN. I'm sending it to them when I'm done.It say I could get dismissed if I don't do it. Oh...there is a note at the back of paper saying every 1 in 1000 cases get audited and mine has. It says the info I provide in connection with my case is subject to examination by the Attorney General or his designee. I'm so afraid. I don't want to get dismissed.I did get money in a divorce settlement in 07....like 14000.00...but that went to pay more bills and my divorce Lawyer. Will that even matter???? OMG

ok..the last sentence is what I meant...she stated she received 14000.00 in 2007 as a settlement BUT spent it all.......my question is ....what is the look back on a large settlement like that.......I would have guessed one year, can they go all the way ack to 2007?thats possibly 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
              OMGOSH.....I went to see lawyer today to do last of papers. We filed on June12th 09 341 July 20th 09. He sits there and tells me I'm being audited. I almost freaked out. Needless to say I'm a nervous wreck. These need to be done and back to them in Tennesse by July 10th.They want all wage stubs 7 months prior to file date. Divorce decree and settlemnet papers and anything I got in it, all bank statements 6 months explaining any deposits of more than 500.00. My lawyer said it is just a random thing and that it won't effect my hearing date, but if not done I could get dismissed. PLEASE PLEASE someone write to me if this has happened. Did you get through it?? Man, I'm a poor single mom with a monthly income of 1647.00....I freaking lost my job last month too.
              The only thing you have to worry about is if you have lied on any of your papers.

You should be as organized and cooperative as possible while turning in things on time.

I went through an audit and they looked at EVERYTHING. I was as neat as possible, turned in everything that they wanted in binders with tabbed sheets.

I made it as easy for them to see what they wanted. I also included a numbered cover sheet adressing and explaining each item that they requested and yellow lined bank items that they questioned, gave them a narrative summary and finally I was done with it.

There is only so much that they can ask you about. It's the same as an IRS audit. I went through an IRS expense audit WHILE I was in a BK audit.

I sent the IRS so much backup that I think they owe ME more money and they are behind in their response by 4 months now.

Hang in there, give them what they want and you will see that it will be over.
              Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X