Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
    I can't WAIT for my 342 meeting! ;)
    I've had two in two year's time! They are awesome!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I can't wait for my 342 meeting either!

Here's what we'll be having at ours..... Cherry Vodka & Redbull, maybe a few beers also. lol

I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        For future reference, a 342 meeting is what occurs after a successful 341. It entails four bottles of Cooks Champagne, and two glasses. Need I say more? 'Hub
        So, I guess the 343 meeting takes place the next morning and involves a bottle of asprin and lots of water! Or (and?), if you prefer the hair of the dog, another couple of bottles of champagne!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          So, I guess the 343 meeting takes place the next morning and involves a bottle of asprin and lots of water! Or (and?), if you prefer the hair of the dog, another couple of bottles of champagne!
          11 USC 343(a) Meeting of the Doctor

(a) Within a reasonable time after the entire World stops spinning after a Section 342 Meeting of the Drunks, the debtor shall convene and attend at a meeting of the doctor(s).

(b) No Trustee nor Creditor may attend, any meeting under this section including any final meeting of Doctors.

(c) Prior to the conclusion of the meeting of doctor(s), the doctor shall orally examine the debtor to ensure that the debtor in any case under this title is aware of—
          1. the potential consequences of speeding after the 341 Meeting of Creditors or driving after the 342 Meeting of the Drunks, under this title; and
          2. the debtor’s ability to continue celebration until the earlier of their need to return to work, running out of cash, or upon the doctor's recommendation; and
          3. the effect of drinking too much at the 342 Meeting of the Drunks, including the debtor’s knowledge of the provisions of section 342 of this title.

(Note: this is humor and for solely for entertainment purposes. Read at your own risk. Laws in your State may vary. Void where prohibited by law. If your feel discomfort, discontinue use, except in Nebraska. Not responsible for keyboards or monitors. Some assembly may be required. Batteries not included.)
          Last edited by justbroke; 10-22-2010, 11:58 AM.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

*snickering* Bring on the 343! I've yet to have my 342....

Comment

Oh my JB. Too funny.

Though, I must say when I read:

"the doctor shall orally examine the debtor"

my mind went to the dirty zone. LOL!
              I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
              Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Rotflol!
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Dang - I missed my 342 meeting. Is it too late to have one now that I'm discharged?

Filed: 6/30/2010
                  341: 7/26/2010
                  Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Too funny jb!!

Comment

Last edited by wnguyen; 10-22-2010, 01:17 PM.
                      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman60 View Post
                        We got pulled over 2 minutes after leaving 341 meeting. There was no way this cop was giving us a warning. But, I showed him my paperwork that I brought to the 341 meeting and explained to him that we were in the middle of a bk and could not afford a ticket. He paused for a minute and thought about it. Then he let us go! Yeah!
                        Cool....First, a 341-meeting, followed by a 911-meeting.
                        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
                          Oh my JB. Too funny.

Though, I must say when I read:

"the doctor shall orally examine the debtor"

my mind went to the dirty zone. LOL!
                          Sorry, I took that almost verbatim from 11 USC 341.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X