top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone file who has a DoD security Clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone file who has a DoD security Clearance?

I am hoping after my BK is filed and discharged I can get back to my career.. I have worked in the Federal Intel arena for 20 years. with a security clearance as a defense contractor. however, I was laid off, during the budget crunch, and couldnt find a job quickly, bills got behind I then got a offer for even more then I previously made Awesome! right? NO! DSS denied activating my clearance due to my financial burden and from the investigator even if I have a BK case # that wouldnt change things, however a Discharge, would...

Anyone else have a clearance and care to chat? either here, or privately?

I don't have a security clearance. But I did some research because the question comes up occassionally. Check my blog. Nothing definitive. But it may help.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I hold an inactive (DoD) TS clearance, but also hold another (non-DoD) for Federal government work. The latter was obtained after my discharge. I had no issues.

They are looking at the totality of your financial circumstances. If your consumer credit check shows late pays, judgments, charge offs and the like, you are not going to get or renew a clearance (vulnerability to bribes). If you have taken charge of that, and filed bankruptcy and discharged the debt, they can look at the totality of your other qualifiers and if there is nothing else to look at, they would likely grant or renew a clearance.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It is actually very common, even outside of defense-related positions for an employer to require that you pay, settle, or discharge in bankruptcy any defaulted debts which you might have. That is actually one of the biggest reasons why I filed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X