Where'd The Time Go? A Year On BK Forum For Me - Thanks to ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where'd The Time Go? A Year On BK Forum For Me - Thanks to ALL

I just realized I've been posting here for a year.

Those of you here a while know what a resource this site can be. I'll tell you what, I looked around before parking my toboggen here and there truly is no website with the kind of KNOWLEDGEABLE help as we have here.

Oh, there are sites that look good, nice graphics, cool design, and ton of annoying ads, but the info is sadly lacking. I know 'cause I checked 'em out. It's mostly amateurs advising amateurs at those other places. ...and thats too bad.

But spend just one evening with a strong cup of coffee reading these posts and you'll know the difference too. ...and the cost? Incredibly, it is nothing.

This is truly one of Life's Better Deals!

I want to personally thank the Moderators, the great long time posters and everyone who helps to bolster our confidence and point us to an optimistic future.

I came here feeling about as defeated as a human being can feel, and just knowing that others are or have been in the SAME BOAT, makes navigating the waters so much easier.

No man/woman is an island, especially here on BK Forum. Peace.

Can't agree more!

Comment

The forum ADMIN and all the moderators work hard to keep the spam, advertising in posts, etc. off of here (rules are enforced heavily in this forum) and I for one agree with Ryan because I wish I had found this forum when we filed, but I do not believe it was in existence at the time (spring 2002) and the forums that were were loaded with trolls, many of which were former bill collectors, and those trolls would attack anyone who considered filing or did file BK and purposely give out bad advice. Trolls actually brought down two forums that I know of (they love to do that) as everyone just stopped posting due to the abuse and bullying. There was little, if any, moderation on those forums. I saw none of this in this forum when I found it and all members should be thankful for a forum such as this and the amount of good advice and long-term experienced members.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I will chime in also...... The best site on the net for those who really need help. I was so ignorant and now I could easily go pro se. Do I want to put that into practice? NO, I've learned to live a simpler and less troubled life by not owing anyone anything.

Bad part is I realized I lost 10K I would not have lost if I had found this site sooner. But, with every school, sometimes the 'School of Hard Knocks' comes with a price. Well worth it though. 'Hub
        Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 12-18-2010, 06:50 AM.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I dropped a thank you thread to the mods and owners of this board a few weeks ago as well. I have to agree, this site has really been a big help to me both knowledgewise and stress-wise, while at the same time sometimes driving my attorney up the wall as I appear to be a know-it-all thanks to all of you!

Comment

Agree with everyone, this is a fantastic site. I have recommended this site to two people I know who are considering bk ... don't know if they have checked it out or not but I hope they do and are able to gain the information needed to have a really good assessment of their situations to guide their decisions.

Comment

I have been here a year, too. I am thrilled I found this forum. I did go pro se and would not have been able to do it without this forum. There is no other forum around (bk or otherwise) that I have come across that have such helpful, knowledgeable, and genuinely nice people ready to help you 24/7. It just doesn't get better than that. I want to thank the moderators for keeping those trolls away so that we all can feel at home here. It has been a blessing to be a part of it all.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                I just realized I've been posting here for a year.

Those of you here a while know what a resource this site can be. I'll tell you what, I looked around before parking my toboggen here and there truly is no website with the kind of KNOWLEDGEABLE help as we have here.

Oh, there are sites that look good, nice graphics, cool design, and ton of annoying ads, but the info is sadly lacking. I know 'cause I checked 'em out. It's mostly amateurs advising amateurs at those other places. ...and thats too bad.

But spend just one evening with a strong cup of coffee reading these posts and you'll know the difference too. ...and the cost? Incredibly, it is nothing.

This is truly one of Life's Better Deals!

I want to personally thank the Moderators, the great long time posters and everyone who helps to bolster our confidence and point us to an optimistic future.

I came here feeling about as defeated as a human being can feel, and just knowing that others are or have been in the SAME BOAT, makes navigating the waters so much easier.

No man/woman is an island, especially here on BK Forum. Peace.
                ryan, congrats on your milestone!!!!!!!

misery does LOVE company.....LOL!!! at least the when as you say we are all on the SAME BOAT!!! what makes this site different is the support that is extended to one another.

this site is by the far the BEST site on this subject matter anyone can find anywhere.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Well said Ryan.

Comment

Very well said. It's been over a year since we filed. Time goes by ever so fast.
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                      Very well said. It's been over a year since we filed. Time goes by ever so fast.
                      I'll drink to that. Even with a drunk frog. After several drinks, a frog looks better all the time. LOL
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It's been a year with me too. In the beginning I was so down and out. Thought there was no way out, HHM, JB, and Cat helped me more than the lawyers I spoke to. It's been 9 months since my discharge and my Score was at 694 as of yesterday.
                        This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

ME TOO. I can't find the words to express my appreciation to the mod's for this site. Been 10 months for me here.
                          Came on feeling like a POS for getting myself into the position i was in. Stressing out to the max. Without all of you , i probably would be having dirt shoveled on me in my grave. Stress related.

NOW. i'm dancin and life is sooo awesome i can hardly stand it. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER get myself into this spot again. I have control of my life now. And i know that "never" can be done. My hub went thru a bk nearly 35 yrs ago and has never gotten himself into that position again.
                          Thank YOU and HUGS to you ALL
                          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

8 months for me on this board, but I did surf this board before that period.

oh, by the way, just got my DISCHARGE in the mail today!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                              I'll drink to that. Even with a drunk frog. After several drinks, a frog looks better all the time. LOL
                              Must be the legs.....
                              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X