5 years after discharge: Chapter 7 Non-consumer, No asset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years after discharge: Chapter 7 Non-consumer, No asset

Life has been good. Real estate investing was our downfall, as noted in our earlier posts. Ultimately, we lost most of the rental properties back to the banks with two exceptions, which are now make some money. There was a spike in house prices about 1 1/2 yrs post discharge so we were able to sell our house for a small profit. We rented for a few years and have now bought a house. Banks still don't really like self-employed but we prevailed. It took us about nine months to clean up our credit report and in the end we needed some professional help. Credit score is good and we got a normal mortgage loan at a competitive rate. BK 7 was a hard emotional decision to make but it was intellectually the right business choice. Life is pretty much back to normal with the next milestone the removal of BK from our credit report.
    Lawyer - $3000
    Filing fee - $299
    Fresh Start - Priceless

Nice to read about your post-bankruptcy life! Thank you for sharing your journey and what life was like over the last 5 years. I'm sure that I am not the only one that enjoyed reading your post.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It is a blessing to know that there is hope at and after the end which is really the begining. Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X