7 years after we filed Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years after we filed Chapter 13

Yesterday was our 7 yr anniversary of our bankruptcy. I remember how stressed we were back then. Two years ago our debt was discharged. We got a secured card with Navy Federal. That card has graduated to a Cash Rewards card with a $2,000 credit limit. We do not want any other cards. We charge something small and pay it off immediately. The bankruptcy was removed from our credit reports last month. Fico score for this month is 792. I just wanted to post our experience to give others hope. I know how difficult things are during that 3-5 yrs. Just hang on.,One payment at a time. Things do get better.

Thanks bk2018, I'm about 15 months behind you on the timeline; looking forward to having the Chapter 13 drop of my record as of March of 2022. Regarding credit cards, I took basically the same path following my discharge, first a secured card, and now an additional unsecured card. I'm not as card-averse as you are, and will probably opt for one more over the next year; different cards for different purposes, and to have a higher debt to credit ratio.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

bk2018 Thanks for your update..it will be great encouragement for others 😊..it may seem bad at times, but in the end things can turn out well. You sound like you’re doing well..congratulations!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks for sharing your success with us. I feel the same, don't want any more credit than necessary. We have 27 months to go!
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I was discharged 10 years ago. When I first thought of bankruptcy, I thought life was over as I know it. 10 years later, I was able to buy a house 4 years after discharge and as of today, my credit score is 833. You (justbroke) helped me through out the process and I am still thankful. Please continue what you are doing in helping people.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X