Seeking suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking suggestions

I realize there are some older posts on this, but heres my situation- in about 30 days my vehicle will be surrendered after the tempory stay expires. Chapter 7 discharge is still over a month away. I have always had a newer vehicle- rural living, lots of traveling, need a reliable means of transport. Need to get my kids to school when they are with me- hour drive to school etc. what do most people do?

Then it begs to ask the question... why are you surrendering the vehicle?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Maybe not the best use of terminology. I cannot afford to keep it. Either after the discharge, or sooner if the lender asks for relief, It will be repossessed.

Comment

I think it's wise to surrender (give back) property that you can't afford. That's the second step in recovery (from bankruptcy). The first is admitting that you're in over your head!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I agree with justbroke here. It will be heard. But, that can ease your debt, then better do.

Comment

thank you, yes, my spending has always been bad, I had manic episodes where i would spend like crazy. trips, cars, amazon junk i never needed. i couldn't tell you what I spent it all one for sure. I won't get another credit card again for at least a year post discharge. I don't want a car loan either, but don't have any cash either, and in less than 60 days will need a car, possibly sooner if the fiance company seeks relief to 'relieve' me of the vehicle sooner, its theirs after all and i won't fight them if they file to take it away sooner, i don't like driving it anyway I'm not paying for it after all. Just trying to figure out how to get a car, want a plan for when the day comes. Should I go to a used car dealership? large new and used car dealership? try to get a bank loan? other ideas? I can get a cosigner, however, I've learned that even with a perfect credit co-signor with my now less than perfect credit, its like 400, the terms are not that great.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X