top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were approved through post BK and some details...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikemike...i had to somewhat chuckle when i was watching cnn this weekend and they were doing a short on home buying today...the new thing...BUY IN CASH....

it presented a couple just racing out there to buy that house with a hand full of cash!! oh! and let me not forget, it sounded like everyone and their mom have 200k in their bank accounts and this is going to be the "new" buying trend......a.nd it's going to really help our ecomony...right??? certainly for NO ONE i know...

all that aside, i do believe hhm's point, is, live within your means...don't go out and buy what you can't afford. i know we are ATTEMPTING to save for our new car to be able to pay cash for it...it the old days we could afford a nice payment...now, we can't and even if we could i don't want it.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

tobee: LOL i wish i had 200k saved up. But i do understand the theory of owning a home without credit. But where i live 200k is nothing for a home. NY is super expensive. But having 100k or more saved is great. I guess ima have to roll with that trend so i dont get left behind hehehe...Me for instance i sold my old car prior to bk to pay my bills and got left with nada. I saved up till now and have 7k ready for a downpayment. I had another 10k saved and ended up spending it on what? idk lol...It is feasable to save and get what u want. Its just patients that can kill it

Comment

mikemike, we left nj...so i know of what you speak...i think the "cheapest" house on our block is still over 400k, even in this market....hence we moved to florida...after 33 years in our home, we had to leave it.

at least here we could afford what was within our means forever here....now if i could just find me some pizza!! now that i can pay CASH for!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          mikemike, we left nj...so i know of what you speak...i think the "cheapest" house on our block is still over 400k, even in this market....hence we moved to florida...after 33 years in our home, we had to leave it.

at least here we could afford what was within our means forever here....now if i could just find me some pizza!! now that i can pay CASH for!
          Yea Florida is much more reasonable and affordable. Good for you. hahahahaha at the pizza...NY pizza is the best. Brooklyn pizza at that...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemike View Post
            Yea Florida is much more reasonable and affordable. Good for you. hahahahaha at the pizza...NY pizza is the best. Brooklyn pizza at that...
            ok..i was seriously thinking about this......you can make a FORTUNE here in florida if you just get those pizza's use some dry ice and ship them on down. ahhhhhhhhhha..an on-line pizza busiess...i know they ship ice cream because i got an ice cream addict all types of gourmet ice cream one year for xmas....it went over 3000 miles and stayed GOOD!!!!!!..shoot mike, i for one would be customer #1...2....3...LOL!!!

it's really funny, i never really cared much for pizza until i couldn't get any..

Comment

Where in FL tobee43?

I'm in Broward, so there are some okay places around. Not NY good, but at least edible.

Trying to get decent bagels is another mission...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycakes View Post
                Where in FL tobee43?

I'm in Broward, so there are some okay places around. Not NY good, but at least edible.

Trying to get decent bagels is another mission...

ok, now mike you're asking WAY too much on the bagel end of it...we are in central florida, this side of tampa...way out in the country...in the old farm lands.

we have ONE place that's not too bad, but nothing that compares with up north, even tho, it's JUST ok.

i also know when we go visit Miami we get great food all the way around...but not here.

Comment

ok, now mike you're asking WAY too much on the bagel end of it...we are in central florida, this side of tampa...way out in the country...in the old farm lands.

we have ONE place that's not too bad, but nothing that compares with up north, even tho, it's JUST ok.

i also know when we go visit Miami we get great food all the way around...but not here.
                  Yea, you're in culinary no-man's land up there. If you are close to one of their locations, Anthony's Coal Fired is not too bad. A little different, but light years better than that stuff Domino's tries to pass off as pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemike View Post
                    How much did u end up borrowing? and how much down did u put and monthly payment? Also whats ur credit score looking like?
                    We borrowed $21K for a brand new car under warranty, 3K miles. Payment is $445/mo. My credit score was 587 (TU) and 610 (EX)
                    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                      Have any of you actually considered that you don't actually need credit. If you control your spending, you can actually pay cash for cars and even a house.
                      I would love to adhere to that philosophy! However, I live in Los Angeles where the cost of living is outrageous. A modest 3 bedroom home in the San Fernando Valley costs 375-400k. 2 cars are a must unless you want to spend 4 hours of your day commuting on the bus. Gasoline costs $4-5 a gallon. I wish I could move but I my mother in law watches my 2 children to help us save on childcare costs. What to do? We are filing bk ch 7 this week...hope it goes smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
                        We borrowed $21K for a brand new car under warranty, 3K miles. Payment is $445/mo. My credit score was 587 (TU) and 610 (EX)
                        OH thats great! I dont want to go over $425 per month so looking at what u got im sure i can get a nice car especially that im putting 6k down...My scores are a little higher than yours so im sure ill get approved with around what you got...

Comment

ok..i was seriously thinking about this......you can make a FORTUNE here in florida if you just get those pizza's use some dry ice and ship them on down. ahhhhhhhhhha..an on-line pizza busiess...i know they ship ice cream because i got an ice cream addict all types of gourmet ice cream one year for xmas....it went over 3000 miles and stayed GOOD!!!!!!..shoot mike, i for one would be customer #1...2....3...LOL!!!

it's really funny, i never really cared much for pizza until i couldn't get any..

Lets do it! lmao lets get rich! lol funny

Comment

Subaru finance got me a loan approved for 5.9%. According to them my credit score was 650 and my wife was 675. They used Equifax. Other than that I guess having the Cap1 check on hand is a good leverage.
                            Filed Chapter 7 - 12/16/2009
                            341 Meeting - 1/26/2010 - done!
                            Last day for objections - 2/25/2010
                            Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

my 2005 F-150 will be paid off in 5 months.it only has 28000 miles on it
                              will keep for 3-4 more years and then i want to get the car of my dreams
                              a shinning new CORVETTE
                              Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
                              Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
                              Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I just applied today with Capital One and was approved.

Discharge Date: 04/14/11
                                Date Applied: 04/16/11
                                Approved Amount: $18,000
                                Interest Rate: based on a 48 or 60 month loan, a 2011 is 9.75%, a 2010 is 10.76%, a 2008-2009 is 11.51%, and a 2004-2007 is 12.76.

I applied for 15,000 but the results came back with the approval for 18,000. I wouldn't consider applying for credit, but I'm upside down in a 2011 Camry purchased last June (before our financial disaster) and would like to turn that car in as I'm currently on a ride through. My goal is to get a clean used car with low miles to commute in.

Thanks to all of you who make this forum possible! It has been a tremendous resource during this difficult process.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X