Who will finance me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will finance me?

So my hubby and I are looking for a new car. I just got discharged from BK. My question is: If I were to buy a new car with a instant cash rebate, could I use that as a down payment, and not have to put any money down? Any ideas suggestions on who would rather it would be ford or toyota, chevy, any brand doesn't matter we just need another car that we can get financed and not have an outrageous payment every month Thanks guys
    Filed 01/31/08
    341 03/10/08:
    Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
    DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

If, in the past, you had a car loan with say GMAC, Ford Credit, etc. and the loan was paid satisfactorily with no late payments, your best chance of getting approved for another loan is again through a dealer selling that brand of vehicle. However, there is no guarantee, but it's a start. Best of luck to you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I don't think you can use an instant rebate as your down payment.

Comment

YOu deffinately can use the rebate a money down, plus if you have a trade in (even if you owe more than what its worth ) they can show it as equitydown and inflate the sell price. However as said before use a previous lender that you had in good standing. Otherwise you will have to go secondary finance and that is a mess. 18%%%%%%%

Comment

When we bought our cars, we had to have an actual down payment and the rebate was subtracted from the amount financed(which in the end was almost equal).

Originally posted by bmcmull View Post
          YOu deffinately can use the rebate a money down, plus if you have a trade in (even if you owe more than what its worth ) they can show it as equitydown and inflate the sell price. However as said before use a previous lender that you had in good standing. Otherwise you will have to go secondary finance and that is a mess. 18%%%%%%%

Comment

Say you put $1000 down on the vehicle and the car has a $2500 rebate they will take your $1000 and the $2500 rebate and will look like you have $3500 down on the car. thats why when you have bad credit alot of big dealerships will try to get you into a new car cuz of the rebate.
            03/18/08 Filed
            341 04/23/08
            Discharged 06/24/08

Comment

I learned something new today.

Originally posted by ggwash21 View Post
              Say you put $1000 down on the vehicle and the car has a $2500 rebate they will take your $1000 and the $2500 rebate and will look like you have $3500 down on the car. thats why when you have bad credit alot of big dealerships will try to get you into a new car cuz of the rebate.

Comment

Yep! I used the 4000 rebate as part of my downpayment which got me a great rate. They had offered to let me use just the rebate but my rate would have been a little higher.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Is it unlikely to get a car loan if you included your car in the bk. This is what I was told at the car lot yesterday?
                  blush2:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X