Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i finished with my chapter 13?

Hi Gang!

Probably a dumb question here, but I believe I have finished my chapter 13 plan. Looking at the National Data Base it says that I'm 800.00 over the plan base, however the trustee hasn't told me to stop paying into the plan. It still pretty recent, but my question is this..... Do I continue to pay into the plan? Should I contact the trusteee? When can I actually stop paying if I've already paid over the plan base.

Thanks.

Are you now past the final month of your Plan length? If not, (and even if you are) you need to contact the Trustee to find out if you have completed all requirements under your Plan thus entitling you to a discharge. (If you have an attny this question should really be posed to him or her). Please note that your “plan base” may not include any additional payments you are required to make such as the turnover of tax refunds as plan supplements.

Des.

Comment

When was your Chapter 13 scheduled to be completed? In some instances, such as 60-month plans, the base amount is just that... a plan base. It is not an indication that the Plan has been completed. You would need to check with your documentation on the duration of your Chapter 13 Plan. Other factors could be whether you are in a 100% plan as well. Since you are in Florida, the plan base may be exceeded due to surrendered tax refunds (as Florida plans typically require the debtor to surrender tax refunds). I can't tell from the information provided.

If you filed through an attorney, please contact your attorney.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X