Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowners insurance on a non-reaffirmed mortage?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeowners insurance on a non-reaffirmed mortage?

I am going out and getting quotes on new homeowners and auto insurance and was curious if anything is handled different with a non-reaffirmed house? Or does it just update on your policy? I also am ignorant to how the escrow works in regards to it? Do you have to wait just prior to the old policy is up for renewal so it's paid? I didn't want to have to pay a large amount out of pocket.

Thanks for any help!

If your insurance is escrowed they will notify the mortgage of the change and bill them. Then you will need to make sure you cancel the other policy. Once done you'll get a check for whatever portion was unused during the term.

Comment

Ack just saw this, for some reason my notifications aren't coming in.

Anyways so changing is painless for the most part and I do not have to come up with a huge chunk of money to get it started. Funny (well not really) enough I just switched my auto insurance. I did not notice my homeowners was with the same company as I have bounced around over the years. Of course that meant I now no longer get a multi policy discount. lol.... so ya now it's a bit more "urgent" to switch it over, albeit I am still saving money in the end. My auto kept creeping up into the 170s and I got the same coverage for 93...

Anyhow thank you for the help!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X