Beginning the house hunting process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
    shipo - WOW Congratulations and good luck with the house hunt! If you do make a trip - Englewood CO and nearby areas are really nice; Littleton and Centennial especially - just my personal, unjaded opinion. If you do go, make sure you hydrate a lot beforehand. I had headaches and felt sleepy for months until my body adjusted to the mile high altitude: learned to make drinking water often, a habit.
    Thanks! We're house hunting in Gaithersburg, MD where our daughter and her fiancé relocated to last summer, so at this point it is starting to look like I'll never make it to our Englewood office, especially because Google has reached out to me a couple times since December to get me to apply for a job with them.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

Thanks! We're house hunting in Gaithersburg, MD where our daughter and her fiancé relocated to last summer, so at this point it is starting to look like I'll never make it to our Englewood office, especially because Google has reached out to me a couple times since December to get me to apply for a job with them.
      Excellent! And good luck with the Google interviews!

Comment

Started the prequalification process today...

Here's an interesting spin on getting a mortgage compared to my last update; we just found out a close family member passed the Mortgage Loan Officer exam last year and is now working with a mortgage company, so we're giving him the first swing of the bat at getting us a mortgage.

Today we filled out the necessary information online to begin the prequalification process and came away with a few observations:
        • Our last mortgage application was over 20 years ago; my how things have changed. I know, shocking; right?
        • Note to self, having assets spread around across well over a dozen different accounts is a pain in the hind parts when applying for a mortgage; it may be time to consolidate a little.
        • I fortunately anticipated virtually all of the information we needed for the application, so the process was more or less cut and paste; even still it took the better part of a half hour.
        • It has been over a decade since we sold our last house, but even still, it felt kind of funny answering "No" to the "Are you a first time home buyer?" question. That said, things have changed so much I do feel like a newb when it comes to the home buying process.
        • I quickly looked at what potential benefits we can glean from being a "First Time Homebuyer" in Montgomery County, Maryland; I'll need to focus on that this weekend because the brief look-see presented me with more information than I had time to wrap my brain around.

I'll keep y'all posted on the progress.​
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X