top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8+yrs post BK - good mortgage rate possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8+yrs post BK - good mortgage rate possible?

As to your question in your last paragraph, just like you can obtain your own credit card so can your spouse obtain his own credit card without relying on your credit. The same applies for a mortgage. Most people like to keep the mortgage in joint names so they apply together. Did you file a Chapter 7 over 8 years ago or was it a Chapter 13. If it was a Chapter 13, it should be off your credit reports. It would serve your best interests to pull all three of your credit reports and check them over. If you did file Chapter 7 and are concerned, the Chapter 7 will still be on your credit reports and could quite possibly present an issue as to the rate you both would be offerred. If you are comfortable with it in just your husband's name and it is a good rate, I would stick with that until the BK is entirely off your record.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks for your response. It was a Chapter 7, and it still shows up on my 3 credit reports (got copies of them last week).

I wish there was some way to see what would happen if I applied too. Maybe we could apply jointly with a different bank? If we did that, could the first bank somehow find out and raise his rate?

Comment

It shouldn't make a difference at all!! You are 8 years out and have a figh score. Just ask your loan officer. You don't have to add the spouse unless the spouses income is to be considered for the purposes of qualifying for the loan.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X