top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA Home Loans - Anyone with experience post BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying off the VA Loan will (re)enable that guarantee amount to be eligible for a future COE. Not sure if it will work like you want it to, timewise, though.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by brianjs View Post
      Because that would be fraud.
      you're so right, that would be fraud!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

[QUOTE=tobee43;568390]
        Originally posted by df04527 View Post

i believe as usual, the dfster, is correct...exactly, everyone would be doing it!
        The dfster....lolol. Tobee u crack me up.... That name was an employee id that i had for 25yrs...should have come up with something easier...but dfster works...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
          Paying off the VA Loan will (re)enable that guarantee amount to be eligible for a future COE. Not sure if it will work like you want it to, timewise, though.
          no, i do not think it will either. actually, it will not, although not a bad idea, although possible fraud..yikes
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            no, i do not think it will either. actually, it will not, although not a bad idea, although possible fraud..yikes

Your VA eligibility is just like PMI - it isn't the loan itself.

Once he pays off the mortgage his VA eligibility will be back to the maximum amount available to him. No fraud in paying off his *current* mortgage and regaining his VA entitlement to get his Certificate of Enititlement (COE) back.

Finding a lender to make the loan itself (with the VA guarantee) is a totally different story. You still have to qualify and jump through all the hoops lenders put you through to get your mortgage (we had a TON of them to jump through back in the day and I can't imagine it will be any easier right now).

Also, once the amount of time that the VA's current regulations require has elapsed to obtain a mortgage again post BK, he will absolutely be able to use his VA entitlement again. The only difference in re-using your VA COE is the amount of closing costs/fees the buyer has to pay (it increases with each subsequent use).

PS: df wasn't talking about fraud - df was talking about the removal of the IIB 'flag' on the VA loan bgns was paying off - it was the poster before (brianjs) that mentioned fraud and they were talking to a different person (grammy..) who may have indeed been contemplating fraud.
            Last edited by ValleYum; 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

[QUOTE=df04527;568393]
              Originally posted by tobee43 View Post

The dfster....lolol. Tobee u crack me up.... That name was an employee id that i had for 25yrs...should have come up with something easier...but dfster works...lol
              lol!! i thought it worked it matches your avitar

Comment

yes, i understand, va's are difficult we tried i can't tell you how many times. we have never used it because of the difficulties associated with obtaining a loan via the va.

that is excellent that one can use it again, although, like you said i'm certain it would be really hard to get the loan through.

do you think? with the respect to the time elapsing, i'm hearing of many a few getting a mortgage by any avenue after a bk nowadays

ahhhhhhhh....ok i got it, i was lost in the fraud and not the IIB flag and as usual got it confused. thanks, i so need you to keep me straight LOL!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=tobee43;568448]
                  Originally posted by df04527 View Post

lol!! i thought it worked it matches your avitar
                  It does! Lol

Comment

give me a break on fraud, if you think the banks that is making millions of dollars care about your morality. Wake up and stop drinking the juice because you wouldn't be in this forum if you are doing well

Comment

What about post ch 13 discharge. Currently have a house in another state that I rent out at a loss because it is too difficult to sell while in ch 13. My 5 year plan is done next June with 100% paid in full ($111,000). Then I want to sell that house, free up my VA, and buy something here. What is that requirement?

Comment

ValleYum is on the money!
                        I got my credit reports back, Score was 675. However, what I was told by Brokers, realtors, lawyers etc..............that my "House" is considered a "foreclosure"by the banks!!!! Regardless of payment history etc. Sooooooooo, My options are to refi...(still wont erase the red flag "foreclosure") sell and fullfill the loan obligation for the VA. Walking away is not an option. So I will sell the house when I can and re use my VA benny down the road!

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                        Your VA eligibility is just like PMI - it isn't the loan itself.

Once he pays off the mortgage his VA eligibility will be back to the maximum amount available to him. No fraud in paying off his *current* mortgage and regaining his VA entitlement to get his Certificate of Enititlement (COE) back.

Finding a lender to make the loan itself (with the VA guarantee) is a totally different story. You still have to qualify and jump through all the hoops lenders put you through to get your mortgage (we had a TON of them to jump through back in the day and I can't imagine it will be any easier right now).

Also, once the amount of time that the VA's current regulations require has elapsed to obtain a mortgage again post BK, he will absolutely be able to use his VA entitlement again. The only difference in re-using your VA COE is the amount of closing costs/fees the buyer has to pay (it increases with each subsequent use).

PS: df wasn't talking about fraud - df was talking about the removal of the IIB 'flag' on the VA loan bgns was paying off - it was the poster before (brianjs) that mentioned fraud and they were talking to a different person (grammy..) who may have indeed been contemplating fraud.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X